1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198844053062 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by pijacka, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pijacka

pijacka New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71816965
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198844053062

Victim profile: 76561198103899658

What happened? Description:
    So this guy named Koala added me and told me he accidentally repored me for duped items (he's already banned on steamrep, will post his box in comments). After a short conversation he linked me to this fake steam admin named Velvet. Velvet told me that if I don't want my account to be deleted, I need to prove my innocence by sending all of my items to a bot that will veryfy them.​

Provide Evidence:
    The screenshots show the chat with the already banned user that contacted me first and the fake steam admin. I hope my mouse hovering over their name + showing their steam profile at the same time is enough evidence to prove it's the same person.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @pijacka This is NOT the first user you were involved with - you are supposed to report THAT user not this one.
    Your basically making the report backwards and making it difficult to review.
    I need the ID64 or SR profile block of the Koala user ASAP!

Also if they were already banned/tagged here - you should have just deleted them and moved on vs talking to them and putting yourself into a possible compromising situation. There isn't a thing more we can do to them and this account you did report is likely just a throwaway and will be replaced in hours.

Attached Files:

3. pijacka

pijacka New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71816965
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Still you just did it backwards - you should always report the FIRST user you were involved with.
    But since that user was already tagged/banned just ignore/delete them and move on. Check this out or check users out before adding them in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.