1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198851130021 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Pingu 10, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pingu 10

Pingu 10 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:430015392
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198851130021

Victim profile: 76561198820296513

What happened? Description:
    To be honest, this was all really confusing for me.

This all started out when I had just gotten 13 keys from selling some items on backpack.tf (haunted medimedes and an Unusual Prancers Pride with smoking effect). This all added up to being 13 keys and I was really excited to spend it on an unusual on backpack.tf. I ended up wanting to get this Unusual Dead Cone with vivid plasma effect, and it's still up for sale. Its 12 keys and 20 ref. I then went on to sending a trade offer seeing that it was a trading bot and it would be accepted in under 2 minutes. I put in all the keys and refined worth that amount and sent the offer. The seller is named zol ⇄ 24/7 | mplc.tf/s/zolbuy on steam. I noticed that the profile was offline and that the account has been impersonated many times, but I didn't really pay attention to that.

They came online after like 30 seconds of me posting a comment on their profile saying that I sent a trade. I had friended the user since the impersonator on the account had begun sending chat messages to me.

I asked if they saw my offer and they said yes, and then the bad stuff that I didn't know about happened.

We added each other on discord for me to share my screen so they could "help" me show them my trade value or whatever it was. I can't remember what they wanted me to show them but they then showed me how to deposit items on Marketplace.tf. I deposited my 13 keys because they said I would use them later, and little do I know I had deposited them to a fake bot.

Marketplace.tf | Bot 86 is currently level 3 on steam and has an ongoing account which is used by many users in trading. The impersonator for the guy zol ⇄ 24/7 | mplc.tf/s/zolbuy had made me deposit my items into the fake bot, giving them my items. I also noticed they had change their name to like "Booming Elvis" or something like that. I don't remember. At the time I had to go do something so I left my laptop for a bit and came back to depressing news.

Not only had I lost my keys, but the impersonator had changed to the name "Scorched." I began to notice that the impersonator had been changing through accounts to hide their identity.

I recognized that the Marketplace bot was fake because of its false account details and the fact that I had had no money shown on my dashboard. I wasn't able to withdraw either.

The user had blocked me so I was unable to communicate with the impersonator to try and ask why they had to scam me, which would've done nothing. They were available on discord but they hadn't been responding since.

In the end I end up with no keys, just my ref. I am hoping to find a way to catch this person and that whoever is reading this can hopefully evaluate on this.

Thank you in regards to whoever is reading this.

Pingu​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.