1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198853465843 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Arstulex, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arstulex

Arstulex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20043407
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198853465843

Victim profile: 76561198000352542

What happened? Description:
    Rainy Day added me and made an offer for a bunch of my items, making a fair offer for them. I told him I don't actually play TF2 anymore so he's welcome to offer me for anything in my backpack.

After seeing he had no negative rep and considering that this isn't a particular high value trade (just a bunch of small items in a game I don't play anymore) I decided to go through with the trade. He sent me an initial trade offer, but after noticing he forgot an item he asked for (a bill's hat), I let him know so he could send an offer for the missed item (I'm not interested in scamming anyone lol).
    After accepting the trade offers he told me the money would be sent to my paypal, then quickly deleted me from his friends and blocked me from readding him.

This might have seen like an obvious scam to anyone who is more involved with trading but the loss of the items doesn't concern me really, they weren't worth much and they had no real value to me. I just want to make sure anybody who DOES have valuable items that they care about doesn't get scammed by this guy.​

Provide Evidence:
    Below you will find screenshots of
    If an admin/moderator would like too know anymore details please let me know.​

Attached Files:

2. Arstulex

Arstulex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20043407
    Ignore all the "view attachment" links. I must have messed something up there, my apologies.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Arstulex You were clearly online after I made the above request.. thus far have not provided what I requested.
    Also very active on steam so you are active.
    You have 48hours to provide what I requested.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Rejected for lack of evidence... lack of follow up as well.
    Please don't submit reports here if you have no intentions on keeping up with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.