1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198858169447 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by -=ST=- Train Overlord, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=ST=- Train Overlord

-=ST=- Train Overlord New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95000511
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198858169447

Victim profile: 76561198150266750

What happened? Description:
    Friended this User on a TF2 Jailbreak server. After a day of friending him he contacted me claiming that he accidentally reported me for duping items. I wasn't very concerned knowing of this as he seemed generally sorry and said that the real duper was banned which was great (He also provided a Video of the Admin banning him). However, less great he informed me that my account was under watch by Steam and I needed to contact a Steam Admin that he spoke to clear my name. I had my suspicions however, this was my first scam incident so I checked it out to be safe.

*EVERYTHING FROM THIS POINT I DON'T HAVE SCREENSHOT EVIDENCE*
    Once I friended the profile the user informed me that a user made a ticket against me saying that I duped items. I attempted to explain the situation and the report was a accident and I can provide screenshot evidence however, the "Admin" ignored it saying that I need to cooperate with him. He then said that items had a virus of some kind (he didn't explain) saying it was appearing from my TF2 Taunt. He sent a trade request and asked me to trade him the Taunts so that he could check them for issues then resend it back to me. Its at this point I instantly NOPED the chat, closed it and blocked the guy on everything. I avoided the Scam however... I didn't screenshot the chat I had with the "Admin" unfortunately and so Im only reporting the one who directed me to him.

I only have screenshot evidence of the person luring me into chatting with the False Steam admin. I don't have any evidence of the chat I had with the false Admin and so I left him out of the thing.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. -=ST=- Train Overlord

-=ST=- Train Overlord New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95000511
    Went browsing in the report section here and found a few similar situations. From what I gleaned having the Profile of the false Admin is also needed regardless if you got screenshot evidence of the chat you had with him so here it is.
    | steamname: ACOLYTE
    | steam3ID: [U:1:109988483]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:54994241
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070254211
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SteamAsisstanceCommunity785
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198070254211
  3. ЩĄ | Horse

ЩĄ | Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks, will review again soon - nothing else needed at this time and there is no need to post anything more.
    Feel free to review what you have provided and take the time to see what things you can do to prevent running into users like this in the future.
  4. ЩĄ | Horse

ЩĄ | Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.