1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198858425742 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by uchias60, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uchias60

uchias60 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59093670
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198858425742

Victim profile: 76561198078453069

What happened? Description:
    I got from a friend a message that I have a pending Steam Ban with a Screen proof. And I should add this Mark Anthony guy to resolve it. I trusted him first and then I give to him few of my "marked Items" and I must give these items a bot. Then after he "scan" these, he wanted nearly all of my inventory. I was supicious about it, google about the "Item Detection Scam" and find an article about it. Then I told him that I know its a scam and he unfriended me after that.​

Provide Evidence:
    I uploaded a few screenshots to prove the case:​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @uchias60 Please don't crop screenshots for evidence here! We need FULL screenshots.
    Also FULL screenshots of users profiles WHILE you are friends helps verify identity - I was able to do that another way but that is rare.
    I'll need the trade offer URL the user gave you AND the full SR profile block to the other account the offer went to.
    Lastly - you should always report the user you were FIRST in contact with NOT this user - doing this is backwards and makes things hard to investigate.
    Who was the friend that told you about this user or a steam ban - I want their FULL SR profile block as well along with the chat logs you got from them FULL screen!
  3. uchias60

uchias60 New User

Steam:
    I used Snipping Tools so i cant make a full screenshots. I only can make it piece by piece. But I can send the photos of the user who contacted me first. But like I said I have them only bit by bit. But I can send the SR Profile and the Trade Offer URL from the Profile the offer has done.

I also can send you the SR Profile of my friend. But like I said, I tryed to get as much as possible on the Screen, but its still bit by bit since I couldnt get the whole chat on ONE screen
  4. uchias60

uchias60 New User

Steam:
  5. uchias60

uchias60 New User

Steam:
    Screenshots of the guy who messaged me about it

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.