1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198892835657 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Young Metro 2, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:95968874
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198892835657

Victim profile: 76561198152203477

What happened? Description:
    I went to dota2lounge and saw this person massively spamming there to buy items so I was interested because I got few items I had to sell. It's my first time selling for a while now so I wasn't aware that scammers are these good at proving you that they are legit. This guy has a level 100 steam account and many account commenting on his profile so I trusted him. I did ask for screenshots but it seems like this guy has mastered faking proofs. He showed me a screenshot trades between his accounts and I was so dumb to not check it first. After I realized I got scammed I immediately check his screenshots and check the person he traded with. And this was the same person he showed to his screenshot https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198867064477-none-no-items.188790/

I traded $450 worth of steam items. I know i was dumb. I would definitely be more careful next time. I had a very similar situation with the person reporting on that link as you can see on our conversation​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What were you trading for or away? What was the amount? You left out specifics.
    You checked all that out on the user - they said they were doing these trades for years yet have only been on steam since Jan of this year or 2019..about 5 months.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
    There's are all the items I traded which worth around $450 on steam.
    upload_2019-5-27_5-6-48.png

Yes, it was a mistake. I was convinced with his screenshots. I should have been more cautious.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That isn't what I asked
    $450 for steam wallet? Steam what? I need to know EXACTLY what items were to be traded and what amount EXACTLY - and by what method EXACTLY.
  5. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
    I traded those list of items as he promised to pay $450. We agreed that he will pay through Paypal but he did not send the money after I traded him the items. I believe those screenshots from Paypal he sent me after I traded my items were fake as I did not receive any money at all. I asked for another screenshot that shows more details of the payment but he immediately signed off.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok perfect
    Also one more thing - you said you wanted to do BTC and seemed to be the end of it - at what time and where is that in the chat logs or screenshots did you change to paypal and where does it show your paypal address?
  7. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
    Here you go

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Why didn't you upload that screenshot with the others? Do you have more? We really need ALL evidence uploaded when you submit the report.. all this does is delay the investigation.
  9. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
    By the way I have a question. What will happen once he is proven guilty?
    I tried to but the system said Im only allowed to upload no more than 15 files.

Btw a quick update. He is online and I can no longer comment on his profile. Also I noticed that accounts commenting on his profile are spam accounts.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so is that it? You can upload 15 per reply
  11. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok what I'm asking you right now is - is this ALL the screenshots you have? Yes or no? I'm wanting to make sure I've got everything you have available so I can review it all at one time.
    If you have more upload them if you do not and that is all you have then say no..simple
    I'm not debating who is who on another report .. each report is their own and irrelevant to the other.. please stay on subject here.
  13. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:
    Yes, I believe I provided you all the screenshots needed.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  15. Young Metro 2

Young Metro 2 New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.