1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198899539634 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Tank 3, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:445365304
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198899539634

Victim profile: 76561198850996337

What happened? Description:
    User had contacted me with the following
    "Hey there! Thanks for accepting my friend request. Btw i really added you for a trade nevertheless, I'm just disturbed when i checked your profile and saw that you're tagged as a Scammer/Fraudulent Item Holder. Are you aware of that?"

It's a classic scam attempt of trying to get a "steam admin" to verify my account and items to make sure that im not a "fraudulent item holder".​

Provide Evidence:
    All the evidence is linked in pictures. He attempted to tell me my steam account is "fraudelent looking"

A piece of s✿✿✿ this scammer is.​

[3:52 PM]
    Cai:
    Hey there! Thanks for accepting my friend request. Btw i really added you for a trade nevertheless, I'm just disturbed when i checked your profile and saw that you're tagged as a Scammer/Fraudulent Item Holder. Are you aware of that?

Tank:
    Thank you for making me aware !

Cai:
    Dont take this the wrong way, this is just a heads up so that you'll be informed about this

[3:53 PM]
    Tank:
    No problem, thanks man

Cai:
    Im just telling you this so you can do something to prolly get rid of that marked as scammer thing on your profile

Tank:
    I'll just contact support is that okay?
    They always help out :D

[3:54 PM]
    Cai:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....753/83228154EE7FA6DB0B337B47088DD351CBA977A2/

This is what I saw when I try to check your profile using my other account.

[3:55 PM]
    Tank:
    So may I ask something

Cai:
    Hope you dont mind if i ask you, do you have items that came from scammers? Had you been trading with scammers?

Tank:
    If you aren't authorized to access any type of third party panel, How would you know that?
    How would that option to view my status appear?
    Since that doesn't appear for anyone else?

[3:57 PM]
    Cai:
    Well i am using an app for trader called hatler in my pc for steam to detect if the person im dealing with is banned in any website or listed on steam support watch list and yes the app said your accout was listed as a scammed item holder by steam support

[3:57 PM]
    Tank:
    However, Hatler is not authorized by steam to be a legitimate source of information on people's accounts. So would you know it is accurate?
    how*
    Also maybe you could tell me what items your "tool" had showed is scammer involved?

[3:59 PM]
    Cai:
    that app is running since 2006, so i would definitely say that it is accurate enough in giving information especially like this

[3:59 PM]
    Tank:
    What items would you say are fraud infused?
    Also long standing items don't necessarily mean they are accurate or truthful in it's observations

[4:00 PM]
    Cai:
    unfortunately it does not state what item

Tank:
    ohhh okay
    well thanks for telling me about it

Cai:
    I believe you ain't a scammer, maybe you just didn't have any idea you have scammed items in your inventory

Tank:
    well i appreciate you telling me :D

[4:01 PM]
    Cai:
    I remembered my friend who once was a victim of the same thing. his account had been trade banned just because of that false accusation. He doesn't have an idea he traded with a scammed item. Steam is really dreadful sometimes

Tank:
    Ahh i am very sorry to hear such a thing

Cai:
    rip right?

Tank:
    totally

Cai:
    Are you aware of the rules and policy of steam trading?

[4:02 PM]
    Tank:
    of course

[4:02 PM]
    Cai:
    You should have your account checked by steam support now, if you just let this pass I'm afraid you'll have penalties in the future
    that's the best thing to do for now clear your name, dont let steam ban you with that false accusation about you

[4:03 PM]
    Tank:
    oh yes your right, ill email them right now about it
    on the steam support websitew
    website

[4:03 PM]
    Cai:
    If you want, I can help you just by sending a steam support ticket so they can send someone to help you get rid of that marker
    thats the best i can do to help you

[4:04 PM]
    Tank:
    oh dont worry man i can just email them
    what should i say

[4:04 PM]
    Cai:
    This is a privilege for me because I have reached $2,500 steam wallet code used.
    Well I have to tell you this, this is an opportunity for you to look at something carefully to find mistakes and make sure there is nothing wrong with your account because if your account is in good condition, it shouldn't have that mark. right?

[4:07 PM]
    Tank:
    yes of course

[4:07 PM]
    Cai:
    get information by looking at something and/or by asking about it. In that way, you'll better understand what really happened in your account.
    I already sent a ticket for you so lets just wait for their response.

[4:08 PM]
    Tank:
    sure man

[4:08 PM]
    Cai:
    Im happy to help man
    mate
    Okay so steam replied to my appeal, they told me that you should add this guy https://steamcommunity.com/id/jcaeMod/ in order for you to check your items they will help you investigate your account.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....807/CF1AE470F05959CD1524232EEACFC2B2A07CB2B8/

[4:12 PM]
    Tank:
    tell him to add me :D

[4:12 PM]
    Cai:
    add him and tell him you are not a scammer and ask him why you are flagged that way
    did you add him

Attached Files:

2. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    Also, He linked me to his friend which of course is a fake steam admin lol.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We need FULL screenshots - you will need to provide those before I can review this as those you gave are way to cropped to review.
  4. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    In what instance are they cropped? I can provide any of the above screenshots again, with the name above it.
  5. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    This is the same as the first one only "uncropped"

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Where is a date on them? Full screenshots would have a date on them since it would also pick up taskbar dates.
    Provide me one with a date on it please.
  7. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    He literally messaged me today. Hence why i made it today.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Perfect - Yes a date proves that you did in fact contact TODAY - always do FULL SCREENSHOTS!
    Now how long have you known this user? Do you have other means of contact.. its likely this user has been hijacked and is compromised so I'd like to confirm that.
  9. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    I have not known that person for very long. He had added me today with the message.

He has not been hijacked or compromised. He was a scammer from the beginning. He had full intent to try and scam me. He is neither a friend nor anyone I know.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This tactic almost a copy/paste of messages is common lately - take it from someone that see's this daily.
    This account is likely not being controlled by the real owner. I'll review this and watch the account over next few days. I suggest you report them to Valve - Valve would be able to tell this very quickly.
  11. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    Well thanks for the help. I'm fairly certain this person hasn't been compromised but its just a scammer attempting to scam. It might have posed as "anti scammer" while still being a scammer.

Please watch it if you can. Im fairly certain I have the proper details to get a conviction.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thing is you've missed the point of SR if you think we are here to convict someone or punish.. our goal is to educate...if its felt that the account was compromised in anyway a tag would cause more harm to the user once they recover the account.
    So its best to make sure all bases are covered before acting.
  13. Tank 3

Tank 3 New User

Steam:
    I assume when you refer to education, you mean educating the public on potential scammers and potentially malicious people in the community. I don't think you are referring to educating the accused person because if they have done something often they might not change in their ways. If the account was compromised but then recovered by the main user of that account, They would always be able to appeal and make amendments that it was a mistake. However to let them go free despite them actively trying to scam me and another person on my comment section. Is futile.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Depends - an appeal here of a tag where the user was "tricked" into handing over login data would not be accepted per policy.
    So as you can see I think its wise in this and many other cases lately to make 100% sure that the account was not compromised.
    I will monitor the account over next few days to see if that is the case.. otherwise make sure you've reported it to Valve - they have the very means to know absolutely sure if that was the case and can take action regardless.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks for being patient - I've concluded the investigation and accepted report.
    Be sure to report account to Valve if you haven't already.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.