1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198908729496 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sirenz, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Sirenz

Sirenz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82257223
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198908729496

Victim profile: 76561198124780174

What happened? Description:
    Was friended out of the blue, and she immediately asked me if I was trading. I replied that I was trading my 400 P250 | Sand dunes. She then gave me a link to an outside website, which I believe to be a phishing attempt to get my steam account username and password.​

Provide Evidence:
    The chat log
    View attachment 729843
    The Scammers' Account with the Steam64 at the top url
    View attachment 729844
    I am already signed into Steam via Google Chrome, so I don't have to input any user details when I go to sites like this. This "window" that popped up when I tried signing in was within the website, and wasn't able to be moved beyond the window it was in. This is a fake steam login.
    View attachment 729845

[12:13]
    MOON_VAMP:
    Hey dude:)
    im very interested in trading or selling your items. Youre trading?

[12:14]
    Siren:
    I have 400 p250 sand dunes that I'm trading
    that's about it

[12:15]
    MOON_VAMP:
    do you plan to trade it for items or for money?

Siren:
    itmes
    Items*

MOON_VAMP:
    oke mate, atm my knives on stonefire on sale, but i will send you private links on my items, so u can choose one and i will take it to steam tradeoffer
    How about trade for my knives https://stonefire.cc//?loc=shop_view_item&item=2471335554 and this
    Stonefire - most advanced marketplace for CS:GO skins pins
    Stonefire is the Trusted Marketplace for Gamers to safely buy sell, in-game items skins.
    https://stonefire.cc//?loc=shop_view_item&item=7663118591[/spoiler]

Attached Files:

2. Sirenz

Sirenz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82257223
    This is the source of the fake steam login when I use the inspect element tool on Chrome.
    scam 5.png

This is that URL that was shown in the Inspect Element. You can see it goes back to stonefire.cc, and not Steam.
    scam 4.PNG
  3. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Due to changes in our investigative policy, we do not accept phishing/hijacking reports anymore. As such, I am archiving this report.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

Please keep in mind that users posting phishing links are often phished/hijacked themselves (if not a brand new throwaway account) and their account is being used to try and hijack even more accounts. For that reason, it's best to leave these cases to Valve/Steam as we do not have the resources to handle such cases. Additionally, the victim would have to appeal their tag once they regained access to their account.

We recommend you report the accused to Valve. In order to do that, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION.
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT.

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

In addition, we have a (work in progress) guide on recovering from account hijackings, including what happened in your case. I recommend looking it over, contacting Steam Support about your items, and updating/running your anti-virus.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-to-recover-from-a-hijack.86363