1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198970680348 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by madison99853, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madison99853

madison99853 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:193635220
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198970680348

Victim profile: 76561198347536169

What happened? Description:
    this guy was trade blocked on steam for scamming people by stating he's donating free items when he was really just stealing there inventory he has now created a new account and is doing the same again​

Provide Evidence:
    this is his profile description on steam

"Error adding friend" while trying to add me? Block me and unblock me and then add me again, it will work.

BEWARE OF IMPERSONATORS. THIS IS MY ONLY ACCOUNT AND I HAVE NO CHAT ACCOUNTS / ALTS.

Hello there. If you added me for donation, you will have to watch the video first in order to understand how does it work.

There are over 10 videos about me but I'll mention here only a few:

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PvHs14Evkk&t=2s(You should watch this one since it shows how does it work)

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYOWPpRC-A&t=24s

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOAZo72KeU&t=17s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation of all the videos (basically how it works):

The person in the video had to make a list of items he wants. After he did that, he has received the offer containing HIS items, and he had to accept it (items from the offer WILL NOT be lost). After he accepted the offer he opened TF2 and he received the notification (triangle in the video) and then he got ALL HIS items back from the trade offer including the items he asked for - New items.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What's my profit from this?
    As you know this is a one-time gesture, which means I can donate you once but then it is not going to be for free anymore. After you do it and get the items you will have to pay $50.00 in order to do it again which is my profit from this.
    Basically, the first time (one that doesn't cost anything) is just to bring me more people (mostly your friends) since after you get the items and everyone sees it, they'll want 'em too, and there I get more customers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is this bannable?
    The answer is NO, it is not bannable. It is exploiting the item server, basically taking advantage of their weak security.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is it legal?
    Yes, it is legal.
    What if I don't get the items and lose my items?
    That is not possible. But in case something goes wrong, you will instantly receive a Refund, so your items will be safe for sure.
    There is no way to lose anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never fell for his scam but I don't want others to fall for it

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you can't just report someone for what is on their profile. You need to have some kinda communication with the user to prove intent towards you.
    I do not see this and your screenshots are unacceptable..don't crop them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.