1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198993499299 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ттv coѕвyy, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34688591
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198993499299

Victim profile: 76561198029642911

What happened? Description:
    Said he would pay me irl money for my knife. I told him I didn't trust paypal and so he said he could do direct bank transfer or bitcoin. So, I said ok i'll do bitcoin so it cant be refunded. He sends me a test payment and I receive it. He gives me an abundance of reasons why I should trust him ( his high steam level, his 1000+ trades, how it would destroy his reputation if he scammed me, his already 1k inv, etc. ) so I sent it to him with my btc address. he then says "bro did you send it to the right account, bro" like yeah what other account would I have sent it to. " then tells me I f✿✿✿ed up and sent it to some bot account with the same name. like what? I sent the trade through the send trade offer button on my friends list not some random link so there was no possible way it could have gone to "some random bot" I'm livid and just want my knife back. but also dont want this happening to anyone else.​

Provide Evidence:
    DMS: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Any more chat logs? BTC address paste here please
  3. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:
  4. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:
  5. ✪ ⌜INTENSE⌟ WTB/S

✪ ⌜INTENSE⌟ WTB/S Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:516616785
    This is literally insane. HORSE Please, attentively check our conversation. This guy simply got API SCAMMED because he signed in through steam on some fake keylogger website, I havent sent him any links, I COULDNT KNOW HIS TRADE URL. HORSE PLEASE, MAKE A FAIR DECISION.

I told him to double check lvl 200 when he will be confirming on mobile, but he just IGNORED IT
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
  6. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:
    I never signed in on anything. they would take more than just my knife if they had that info. I sent it from the trade link button on my friends list.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    All evidence must be hosted HERE to the report not IMGUR or other 3rd party hosting locations.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please do not argue with each other here - you can do that over steam chat just make sure you take screenshots of the chat.
    Only post if I'm asking questions or you are providing counter evidence.
  9. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Need to see your trade inventory history , open in a web browser, hover your mouse pointer over users name so it shows up the users steam ID at the bottom of the screen.
    FULL screenshot - also one of done thru your steam client just a FULL screenshot showing this trade.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm not sure why you would accuse someone of being hijacked or what - wouldn't matter you were still dealing with someone regardless.
    As for confirming a level - what difference does that make that they did or didn't? You were the one that was in contact with them, I already have evidence of that so no they were not talking to an impersonator of any sorts.
  12. ✪ ⌜INTENSE⌟ WTB/S

Steam:
    I dont have the knife in my inventory. It's on the most simplest and usualest API SCAM BOT. Look through our conversation attentively. I couldn't know the trade URL of this guy. He sent me a trade offer and it was fastly changed by the bot which was on his account (THE SIMPLEST API SCAM). The trade offer didnt even show up in our conversation. It was canceled by HIM (by the bot which is on his account). How could I send him a trade offer from another account without knowing his trade URL ? He didn't send it to me. I didn't ask for it. He was simply API SCAMMED. Please, look through our conversation attentively. This guy was API SCammed, this is the simplest API Scam, I really hope you will understand it.

You are not sure why would i accuse someone of being hijacked ? Why ? You are moderating steamrep, you check tonns of reports and you dont know how the simplest api scam works ? It is super weird.

Attached Files:

13. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:

And I know its not in his account, but I'm still not sure if he had something to do with the account that did end up with my knife. It just seems very suspicious

Attached Files:

14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Re take the screenshot please
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Also I need to know who sent you the offer you accepted - did you send it or did the accused send it?

Lastly I need a FULL screenshot of the trade offer you had cancelled where you added the BTC address. Do the same procedure.... open in a web browser, hover over with your mouse so it shows up the steam ID at the bottom.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  16. ✪ ⌜INTENSE⌟ WTB/S

Steam:
    He sent me a trade offer. I didn't send him anything. I told him: DOUBLE CHECK LVL 200 ON MOBILE, because if he is on logged on someone's API offer changer, on mobile he would see that the offer was sent not to me, but on some fishy LVL 0 bot, which is not on his friend list. That's why I told him to check lvl 200 on mobile. It is obvious. But he simply ignored it and got scammed like a..... im really out of words, it is insane, this guy is really stupid
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The user isn't reported a hijacking or being hijacked...they are reporting a scam. You can accuse them of being hijacked all you like but you are still working thru a deal with someone.
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please do not insult others here.... you are welcome to provide counter evidence of sorts but I see what was being asked and what was happening.
    The victim was asked to provide additional evidence and I will allow them to provide that.
  19. ттv coѕвyy

ттv coѕвyy New User

Steam:
    okay I will what was wrong with that one so I can fix it?

I sent it. He told me to send the offer with the BTC address in the description.

Attached Files:

20. ✪ ⌜INTENSE⌟ WTB/S

Steam:

!!!! I WILL JUST POSTE IT HERE FOR PEOPLE WHO WILL MAKE DEALS WITH ME IN THE FUTURE. !!!!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.