1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198997272756 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by bLa, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bLa

bLa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:170434795
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198997272756

Victim profile: 76561198301135319

What happened? Description:
    I was checking inventories searching for a Damascus Steel Bowie Knife FN, and saw that this account (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198435573580) had one. An account with the same name and pfp added me back (I failed to grab their steam ID bc I closed the chat, oops). They proclaimed they're a "trade discussion" account, which seems fair since top traders tend to have 2nd accounts. We discuss the trade in Steam (and subsequently Discord), and he negotiates for me to trade my knife + arcana for the Bowie Knife. I bought and received an arcana from a trading site, so now everything's set up. He posted a screenshot of the trade pending mobile confirmation; my knife + arc for a Damascus Steel Bowie Knife FN, looks fine to me.

However, there's a catch: I have to "prove I can be trusted," so he instructs me to send an item in a trade offer to a friend then cancel it while screenshare chatting on Discord. So I used a cheap-ish agent skin to do so, and it goes perfectly well. However, he wants me to do it again, but with my knife and arcana. It worked the first time, might as well, right? Well, I sent the trade to my friend and strangely, it's immediately accepted. He must've seen it and accepted it, thinking it was an incredibly kind gesture. Well, I checked this friend's inventory and the items SOMEHOW aren't there, and I immediately realized something was wrong. I check Steam chat, and noticed the original impersonator changed his name and pfp, and unadded me on Steam. He also immediately left the Discord VC and blocked me. Hoping this didn't actually happen, I checked my trade history and found that somehow the items went to an account impersonating the friend. Not sure how this is even remotely possible.

PS: if someone could help me find the original impersonator on Steam, I'd greatly appreciate it. Our convos on Discord and Steam are attached below. If you have any feedback on this report thread, please let me know; this is my first one.​

Provide Evidence:
    It's all in these screenshots:​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.