1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561199005052436 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Green Tea 2, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Tea 2

Green Tea 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68597263
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199005052436

Victim profile: 76561198097460255

What happened? Description:
    While I was away for a training exercise for a week starting on 10/19/2020, my account was compromised somehow while I was away. A trade took place where almost all of my items were removed, and replaced with 100 normal weapons and items, most likely because the thief's account was full. During my time away, I received nothing about this on my steam mobile authenticator, which is even more frustrating, because if I didn't use it, the trade hold would have prevented this. I contacted steam, and they requested more information, giving me a glimmer of hope, and then after I gave them everything they wanted, they simply said they aren't able to help, only making the whole thing even more frustrating. I don't click suspicious links, I don't buy third-party game keys or do my trading on other websites, I barely even trade at all. I'm not sure if you guys can help with this, but a friend directed me here saying that you guys can at least track items going in/out of someones inventory, the accused persons inventory is already missing alot of my items besides my quarantine crates that I'd saved since they were worth 20 cents, currently around the price of a key each.
    Long story short, this happened literally out of the blue while I was away for a week and the two factor authentication didn't help at all. If you guys need any more information, I'd be more than happy to provide it. I have literally 0 idea who the account belongs to.​

Provide Evidence:
    I hope these images are conclusive, and upload properly.​

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      214.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      213.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      589.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.