1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561199014775161 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Kelso1325, Aug 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26250369
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199014775161

Victim profile: 76561198012766467

What happened? Description:
    Found the seller on tf2backpack.com. Left a comment on their profile and added them to friends showing my interest in their item. Paid an invoice amount of $290.63 for a burning flames Bumble Beenie as we agreed. After seller confirmed that I had sent the money, he declined the trade offer and removed me from friends and then blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:

[12:51 AM]
    23:
    Hello

[7:27 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    Hi, i am interested in buying your burning flames bumble beenie and was looking to pay via paypal

[7:29 AM]
    23:
    alright
    let me just check that my paypal is still valid

[7:29 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    Okay
    And just to be sure, it was $280 USD?

[7:30 AM]
    23:
    yes
    okay everything is set, I will just make sure that you are aware that you will pay me thru paypal first and you will recieve a trade offer for my bee hat.
    so we don't have any missunderstandnings

[7:33 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    I figured that is exactly the right way to go about this.

[7:34 AM]
    23:
    Good!
    If no further questions I will link my paypal mail.

[7:34 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    Would it be okay if you sent me a PayPal invoice so both you and I have a record of the transaction?
    Would it be okay if you sent me a PayPal invoice so both you and I have a record of the transaction?

[7:35 AM]
    23:
    You'll have to send the money with the "friends & family" alternative, so there will be no chargebacks.

[7:37 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    Well thats why I was hoping we could do invoice. That way both you and I have the record of transaction and what it is for. Then you and I record each other making the trade to protect both sides
    Sorry, meant record of the money transaction and what its for. I use invoices for when I sell figures to people online

[7:39 AM]
    23:
    Alright, what is your mail?

[7:39 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    [email protected]
    Btw make the paypal invoice price $290.63 so you get your full $280. I dont mind paying the fees

[7:40 AM]
    23:
    Okay
    There you go!

[7:42 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    Got it.
    alright, just paid
    do you send the trade over or do I request it?

[7:47 AM]
    23:
    I see the money on paypal, so everything should be set, go ahead and send me a tradeoffer.

[7:47 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    You sent 23 a new trade offerView trade offer
    there ya go

[7:49 AM]
    23:
    accepting

[7:49 AM]
    Thots & Prayers:
    it says trade declined
    Wow

Attached Files:

2. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    Here is the full image of part 2 just in case.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2022
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    I am very sorry i missed that part. I think I did it right, first pic is showing that I added him to friends (He changed his name to Lejon) and second pic is me hovering over his name and you can see the bottom left is the link to his steam profile. If you need anything else I'll happily provide it.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Need one more showing that thru steam client
  6. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    Here you go, I made remade the previous photos but in the steam client this time.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2022
  7. Lejon

Lejon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:527254716
    Hello boys and girls!
  8. Lejon

Lejon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:527254716
    The pictures have been modified, your report on backpack.tf got taken down!
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello, that is nice however you have no proof added to go with that and no link to any report on bp.tf to reference. You are welcome to provide evidence of such modifications and that link to look at.
  11. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    Don't worry Lejon, I am in the process of filing a report with them too. Context - I didn't make a report on backpack.tf as Lejon claims, I left a negative user rating and that was removed as I didn't add my evidence to it. A moderator is working with me at this moment to make sure everything is filed.
    Thats because I didn't make a report on backpack.tf, I did however leave a negative trust for his user account but I didn't leave any evidence (Didn't know I had too, figured it was just a comment on his backpack profile). Here is a picture of my current chat with the moderator discussing the removal of my negative feedback.

Attached Files:

12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Kelso1325 Do NOT make a report on BP.tf..they are a partner here. You can only have one active report with us or them. You make it over there I'm closing this one. Just be warned.
    Please provide what I asked for here and lets finish this one.
  13. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    Oh thank you for the warning! I was waiting for the moderator reply but was only going to wait a short while. I have not submitted that report so we should be all good to proceed here.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    still need what I requested
  15. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    we never opened up a trade, i only sent him a trade request after the payment was confirmed. I know you say not to show the trade offer but it is the only evidence of the trade being attempted on steam that I have. I'll upload my fullpage trade history and the trade offer just to prove what I'm saying. Paypal activity is also posted.

Attached Files:

16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok and one more of the paypal transaction opened so I can see all of the details to the user.
    Have you opened up a dispute with Paypal or no?
    Kelso1325 likes this.
  17. Kelso1325

Kelso1325 New User

Steam:
    Yes, I started the paypal dispute process immediately after being blocked. Would you also like a picture of the email you get when an invoice is sent to your paypal email? It should be time stamped or at the very least date stamped.

Attached Files:

18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks will review shortly - no need to reply again for now
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Lejon Will give you 24hours to respond to the accusations here.
    AR3M likes this.
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.