1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561199023841814 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ♚MisterMeister♚, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:76460366
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199023841814

Victim profile: 76561198113186460

What happened? Description:
    Before looking at the chats between the scammer and I, please put into perspective that I am very new to trading. When I mention that I had some experience, it was only with lower priced item where I would trade up a skin worth 20 cents into a skin worth 2 pounds; and that's the most I have done. For this situation, I have only bought my knife from the steam market after selling a drop I got from Operation Broken Fang in CS:GO a month ago. The drop was worth 145 pounds at that moment which enable me to get a stiletto knife | Damascus Steel in minimal wear. During New Years, I started looking at numerous knives and trading platform where I can advertise my knife so I can start upgrading it. I posted a trade I wanted on csgotraders.net and after a few hours, I was added by this scammer. I had a look at his profile and thought I might look legit; level 61 on steam and good comments on his profile. I accepted his friend request and he messaged me immediately. The chat between us will be at the bottom of the reply. I will explain some parts of the conversation that might be confusing. Firstly the part where I asked whether the talon knives are easily tradable was simply because, like I said before, new to trading and didn't know the demands of the market. Then he basically asked me to exchange my knife in to Team Fortress 2 items to avoid the trade cooldown and so that he could sell it instantly. He would then ask me to check whether the items were able to be listed on bitskins. I've only heard about bitskins though youtube and did not know how the bitskins website work prior to the scam. He sent me a trade impersonating a bitskin bot and there were my items gone. I forgot to mention that he started a voice chat somewhere in the middle of the conversation. He asked me to set a high price to see if the TF2 items could be listed on the bitskins website, but he to press the send offer button as it will sell it instantly. He told me after setting the price a bot will send an offer. So after accepting the trade, he blocked me instantly. His inventory is set to private and any attempts to contact him via another account have led to him asking me to "f✿✿✿ off" and blocks the account.
    This is the account that he uses to impersonate the Bitskins bot : https://steamcommunity.com/id/9a8489498awdaw9da948984/
    I've put this under TF2 items but it clearly involves a CS:GO knife as well.​

Provide Evidence:
    All screenshots have been provided via the "upload a file" button​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Pls extract ALL evidence. Nobody here will open a PDF file for security purposes.
    They must be STEAM chat also - nothing else is acceptable so if it is not steam chat then please just advise and we will go from there.

| steamname: BitSkins #0087 [584]
    | steam3ID: [U:1:1148946279]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:574473139
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199109212007
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/9a8489498awdaw9da948984
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561199109212007

Also never give us Custom URL's lucky that the one you gave worked.
  3. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    I apologise. Here are the screenshots(pt1)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      469.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      481.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      519.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      690 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      776.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      482.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      494 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      521.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      583.9 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      608.2 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      570.9 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      718.6 KB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      574.7 KB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      526.2 KB
      Views:
    • 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      492.3 KB
      Views:
  4. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    Screenshots (pt2)

Attached Files:

5. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    Although I have presented you with everything I have, inform me if any additional info is needed.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So you traded with the other account? Your screenshots which are unacceptable for the trade offers you gave show trades with various accounts?
  7. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    Okay so regarding the trade offers screenshots, I will reupload then with names this time. using the screenshot of the chats, u can see that he asked me to exchange my knife for two TF2 items(shown in two trade screenshots 1&2) via loot.farm . After he sees I have two items in my inventory, he asks me to go to bit skins to check if I'm able to list them. I would like to emphasize that I had no clue how the bitskins website operates at that moment. So, I followed his instructions given to me verbally through a voice chat he started(I did not manage to record the voice chat). He told me to set a high price for both items to see if they can be listed on the bitskins market(refer to screenshot 16 of the steam chat). Afterwards, he tells me that I have to accept the "Bitskins bot" offer to complete the listing. This is where the third trade offer screenshot comes in place. The account I sent my TF2 items to was an account he used to impersonate a bitskins bot. So yes I traded to the fake Bitskins bot account. Hope this answer your questions.
    Here are the details of the "Bot" account if you do not have them:
    | steamname: BitSkins #0087 [584]
    | steam3ID: [U:1:1148946279]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:574473139
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199109212007
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/9a8489498awdaw9da948984
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561199109212007

Attached Files:

8. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    *Update* I have also filed a report on Bitskins and they have banned both accounts.

Oh and just for the record I did not spam them; I'm assuming it's an automated system to ensure the ticket gets notices by a staff o_O

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok let me just be clear here - all I asked for was a yes or no kinda response.
    We do not review such cropped screenshots either which would be those trade offer screens you gave.
    So in the future FULL screenshots - do not edit/crop them in anyway.
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  10. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    Sorry, hope this helps

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please stop and read what I asked for - I clearly said NOT TRADE OFFER
  12. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    Actually never head of these :|

Attached Files:

13. ♚MisterMeister♚

♚MisterMeister♚ New User

Steam:
    uhhh does my cursor need to be there
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    ♚MisterMeister♚ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.