1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561199027366206 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Lama2, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lama2

Lama2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:177804146
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199027366206

Victim profile: 76561198315874021

What happened? Description:
    I wrote a comment on Special K's profile asking about a skin.

An account added me and sent me a link.
    That Account was an impostor and the link was to a Phishing site.
    I clicked on the link like an idiot and didnt think anything about it.

A couple weeks pass by and the Account that i accuse in this thread Added himself into my fl through API access and tried to scare me. He also changed my Profile Pic and Name.

As a instinct reaction i tried to send the skins to a friends account. He quickly canceled the offer and sent one to his third account. (With the API Access)
    I accepted the trade on Mobile because i thought i was sending it to the Friend, but it went into his 3rd account. I didnt even know you can do what he did..​

Provide Evidence:
    First Phishing, Times of Recent Login and Site url match (I got the screenshots today, thats why he has a diffrent name)
    View attachment 786295 View attachment 786296

View attachment 786297

A couple weeks later this guy (The one im reporting here) Adds himself through the API acces. (At this point i didnt even know that was possible)
    View attachment 786298 He even changed my name and Pfp
    View attachment 786299
    I got scared and sent the skins to a friend, but he canceled it.
    View attachment 786301 and sent one to his 3rd account. Stupid me didnt double check.
    View attachment 786302

After that happened i looked at my API Keys and saw that there is one that i didnt add. (After watching Anomalys Vid)
    View attachment 786303

TL:DR
    I Ask about a skin

Scammer Adds me (76561199006793246, he changed his name again btw) and gets API access

He adds the Account im accusing here to my FL with the Access he got.(76561199027366206)

Sends a trade offer to his 3rd account. (76561199127676029)

I dont really know how to file this correctly as it involves 3 Accounts. I think it is pretty Obvious how they link up.

He just blocked me, so i dont have any more logs.​

Attached Files:

2. Lama2

Lama2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:177804146
    he is literally impersonating someone else rn..

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!
    This was clearly noted to you BEFORE You sent to submit the report - please do not ignore our policies/notifications that are there to read before submission.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.