1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199027591543 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Momo Ria | Buying Cards!, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momo Ria | Buying Cards!

Momo Ria | Buying Cards! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:189653374
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561199027591543

Victim profile: 76561198339572476

What happened? Description:
    In the TF2 trading economy there is a scam known as the Competitive play/Competitive team scam. The scammer tells you that one of their players has dropped out of the competition and they are in need of another player. What then happens is that they ask for you to pay a fee to enter and then take your money/items and run.

Thank fully I was not scammed, this was merely a scam attempted. I got a random friend request from this user which is pretty common as I list things on backpack.tf regularly. They seemed to just want to trade so we continued the conversation and it led into the scam attempted. I had seen this before and immediately called them out, soon after to be unfriended. Hopefully this user can be banned off SR so no one gets scammed.​

Provide Evidence:
    Link to a video discussing the scam:

Down below is a picture of our conversation​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2020
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry there is nothing there that suggests this user was up to no good or about to pull any scam.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    They never mentioned any site which if they did it would have been classified as a HIJACKING not a scam...just a phishing attempt with a site URL.
    SO please don't report these HERE or anywhere other than to VALVE.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.