1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199059883653 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Doop1, Feb 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doop1

Doop1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:558802904
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199059883653

Victim profile: 76561199077871537

What happened? Description:
    Misrepresented his item as a craftable lucky no. 42. He sent me a link to the craftable's price and told me he wanted to give me the craftable version after I clarified. It was uncraftable making it worth like 1/5 of what he represented it as. Trade never went through.​

Provide Evidence:
    Took screenshots of chat and trade offer.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You need to make sure you do FULL screenshots not just chat boxes - if it wasn't for me being able to verify another way that you were only friends with this user today then this report would have been declined. FULL screenshots from now on!
    Please provide a full screen shot of that trade offer again thru a PC - open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
    Then take another one similar to your last one but make it FULL screen while showing the item name/description popup.
  3. Doop1

Doop1 New User

Steam:
    Here you go

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Forgot one - re-read everything I just wrote pls
  5. Doop1

Doop1 New User

Steam:

. Just recorded myself interacting with it, a little easier and it should be harder to screw up. I don't know what else to do from now other than accepting the trade offer and showing you its in my inventory haha.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2021
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We do not review videos - I clearly asked for two different screenshots. Please provide them as requested.
  7. Doop1

Doop1 New User

Steam:
    Eh, he already has the reports on backpack.tf so I'm good at this point if you don't want to take action with what I provided since its certainly sufficient enough. It's kind of excessive to be frank with you. I'm not really being snappy with you but you insist on going "I clearly asked for two different screenshots"; "FULL screenshots from now on!". I thought I was being pretty reasonable here. There's clearly an implication that if two screenshots work, a video would work considering I'm providing more than screenshots. If it's that much of a pain, just pause the video and grab a mental screenshot. Go ahead and deny this report, steamrep is different than it was a few years ago when I was a lot more active, they cared more about protecting people from being scammed rather than being bothered by the mode of my evidence. It's clear this isn't a reliable platform anymore and probably will just use bp.tf's trust system instead.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This has nothing to do with taking action - I'm asking you for two specific easy screenshots.
    You gave me one - I needed the other. You keep ignoring what I'm asking which takes time away from other reports that others have provided evidence for or given what was requested.
    Nothing snappy here - You were just asked to provide two screenshots and then all was done.
    BP has nothing to do with reports here either - our evidence requirements are the same as they are a partner with SteamRep. Our requirements now ensure that whomever is accused is properly done so with proper evidence vs some half way made report against someone that proves nothing or without enough to validate the accusations.
    Be no different if someone reported you here in the future and then didn't provide anything to back it up...I'm pretty sure you would be rather upset if we just took them for their word and tagged you for it.
    You are not being asked for anything different than what everyone else is asked that makes a similar report. That is our policies for evidence requirements and to verify the user you are reporting.
    I'll give you till tomorrow to provide that one last screenshot as requested.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Declined for lack of followup/proper evidence.
    Please do not submit reports here if you have no intentions on providing what we request to conclude the report.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.