1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199072380582 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Nidus | IFN.GG, May 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nidus | IFN.GG

Nidus | IFN.GG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:463005894
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199072380582

Victim profile: 76561198886277516

What happened? Description:
    Steam Official impersonation. Tried to do "Item verification" before trading. He tried to trade me overpay with some good stuff. I nearly trusted him because of his no scam status and went through with the trade. He stopped the trade for "item verification" and linked me to a random ass person. I already knew he was a scammer but I went that far to get evidence​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence uploaded​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. Nidus | IFN.GG

Nidus | IFN.GG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:463005894
    I blocked them after this, how would I prove that I was friends with them?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Will give you 24hours to provide the required screenshot. I've exhausted all methods I have to verify this so the burden of proof is upon you I'm afraid.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry but you were unable to provide proper evidence of identity to the accused which is vital to ensure you reported the correct user.
    You were given 24hours and were in fact given way more but not able or willing to provided so report will be Declined.
    Please do not submit reports here without evidence clearly showing you were friends with the certain user you are reporting by ID64 to ensure we do not have issues with a wrong user by mistake.
    Reporting someone by mistake can cause everyone issues and isn't fair to the accused.
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.