1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561199095088007 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Foxtrot In Strike, May 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxtrot In Strike

Foxtrot In Strike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:122723161
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561199095088007

Victim profile: 76561198205712051

What happened? Description:
    Hello. I would like to report a user who is practicing scam here on steam. He tried to steal my account using a social engineering method... how cute, little does he know that I created a prevention guide to not lose accounts on steam.

he contacted me commenting on a Surviving Mars screenshot saying this: "Hey! I know it's random but I have an important matter which i need to discuss with you ASAP. Can you add me so we can talk in private. Rest assured its not about trade."

(it is still possible to find the comment of it on my screenshot)

I will show ALL of them as screenshots that I took where he tried to hit me using social engineering. This all originated on steam but then, knowing that I knew the steam moderators, he quickly created a discord account so I wouldn't notice. I have all screenshots.​

Provide Evidence:
    The comment:
    View attachment 785173

Here the Steam full chat:
    View attachment 785175
    View attachment 785181
    View attachment 785176
    View attachment 785179

I also have the conversation on discord but I don't know if I can post here because I didn't understand the rule well (it's my first time here). It is not very important because i guess it's a fake account.

View attachment 785185
    however if necessary I can send it without any problems.

The method he used was identical to one that I described in a guide of mine in Portuguese. Yes, a similar scam like this has already occurred to me and I listed it in my scam prevention guide but the conversation with this "moderator" this time was made in discord.

Sorry for my English because I'm using the google translator. It is my first time on this forum. Unfortunately I missed the steam log chat because I blocked him.

PS: Yes, you still can find the comment on my screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2497825019

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!
    This was clearly noted to you BEFORE You sent to submit the report - please do not ignore our policies/notifications that are there to read before submission.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.