1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199095995644 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheShovL, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheShovL

TheShovL New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74820387
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199095995644

Victim profile: 76561198109906503

What happened? Description:
    This incident is not really a "scam" per se, but rather a full security compromise that resulted in a brief account hijack and item theft through trade. The owner of this account managed to bypass my authenticator and 2-step verification allowing him to take control of my steam guard through his device and create+confirm a trade of my entire inventory. Steam support has determined that they believe his ability to do so was via some sort of malware on my mobile device which I am quite certain could not have been possible. Nonetheless, anyone who would like to report his account would be very appreciated for doing so. Along with my items, which may only have a value of ~$80(along with a great amount of personal sentiment), this user also has what I am quite sure to be *stolen* csgo skins of roughly $200 in value from another user(s). I am so certain of the illegitimacy of these other items because this user is: Only a couple months old, Owns no video games, and Has no steam level or xp. Not only am I so upset by his actions because I have learned about Steam's ridiculous policies to not return stolen property, but also because Steam refuses to take responsibility for any possible vulnerability in their own security systems. Despite the fact that my mobile device has not recently downloaded anything unsecured, nor have I even possibly fallen victim to phishing attempts, the user in question managed to discover my Steam password and somehow bypass the required SMS code verification to transfer my Steam Guard to his personal device for use.​

Provide Evidence:
    As this is not a scam but a report of theft via hacking I do not have a trade agreement that could be broken, so I do not have anything to provide here except for my screenshots of what/when items were taken and my brief account lockout. (sorry for cropping even though it says to not, but the amount of taken items makes it impossible to avoid)
    Note: I did not have contact with this person before the incident nor after, it was spontaneous and took less than a minute to go down.

(Again, I understand this is not a traditional scam and that these reports are not for hijacks. However, the user responsible also stole items in a way similar to a scam that falls under this site's guidelines of acceptable reports. I have already dealt with steam support through a ticket and reported the account but it is still vital that he be trade banned as soon as possible and everywhere possible before his trade cooldown is up and he profits off any items illegally taken)​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ZERO evidence of any scam here- no chat/agreement nothing to review.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    Either way this report would be INVALID as we do NOT review reports about hijacking/phishing here!
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Declined on the lack of evidence part - would be INVALID either way!
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/

Lastly if you understand that this is not a scam then you are violating our policies by making the report anyway knowingly which is bad and takes time away from VALID reports.
    Doing so again in the future may result in you no longer being able to submit reports here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.