1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561199118562700 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TRADE BANNED 2, Jan 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRADE BANNED 2

TRADE BANNED 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16540848
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199118562700

Victim profile: 76561197993347425

What happened? Description:
    I had accepted a random friend request from a person named "Cello" who I now realized changed his name to [VALVE] William and impersonated a Steam Community Manager. He then reported my account for fraud activity to valve so that it would be trade banned (not sure how he did this part) and then my account was locked.

He wanted me to send him (or a friend) all of my TF2 items so they could "investigate" this fraud. This was all over steam chat. Logs are posted below. I am appealing this ban since I have never engaged in fraud, but that will take some time.​

Provide Evidence:
    Below is posted screenshots of the conversation where I was threatened with a ban. I have also included a screenshot of the impersonator's profile with the aliases.​

| steamname: [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William
    | steam3ID: [U:1:1158296972]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:579148486
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199118562700
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/William819864545
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561199118562700

[11:35 AM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    G'day, ABSOLUTEPARANOIA. I'm sorry to bother you.

You have received a complaint so I'm considering report number - 76561197993347425. The system has marked your account as suspicious. This account will have restricted functionality until this issue is resolved. Purchasing, gifting, trading, buying and selling items on the Community Market, and cd-key activation have been disabled. In the last time, you have made 606 purchases on the marketplace and most likely something was stolen and you accidentally bought it.

You need to send all your items to any other/Friend's account using the trade offer. This is necessary in order to move your items to another account. So I can find out which item is problematic and you will avoid any restrictions, since I will remove it and return the money to your balance and remove all the restrictions.

Don't make ANY changes to your account in order not to confuse the investigation.
    Your email has also been temporarily disconnected from our service: [email protected]
    Your card ending in **35 has also been deactivated in the Steam prior to the full investigation.

Let me know if you need my help, William.
    You need to make a trade offer with all your items (TF2 in your case) to any other/friend's account (even if he is offline). You have 30 minutes, otherwise I'll be forced to give you a lifetime trade ban and also restrict the above-described capabilities of your account, as you will violate the terms of the Steam Subscriber.

[11:45 AM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    Do you have another account or friend who can temporarily store items? I'm sure this is a mistake and you won't get any restrictions. The problematic item will simply be removed and you will receive a moneyback.

[11:50 AM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    This seems like a scam
    What are you doing?

[11:51 AM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    If you are in doubt, you can call the Valve office and use my employee number to clarify the information: 1-425-889-9642
    It seems that you bought a stolen item on the Steam Community Marketplace. Now we need to perform an inventory check to find out which item is problematic.

[11:52 AM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    I don't use the steam community market place
    So I don't know how that would happen

[11:54 AM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    You have made 606 purchase on SCM. This is your account statistics.
    You will lose your account if you do not follow the above steps. I'm interested in a peaceful resolution of this report so I hope you can do this to help me figure out what the problem is. I assure you that this is most likely a mistake and if you cooperate then your account will not receive any restrictions.

[11:54 AM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    Since when? Is this recent, did my account get hijacked?
    Is there a way I can see these supposed purchases
    And what is your extension

[12:00 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    Ok, again.
    It seems that you bought a stolen item on the Steam Community Marketplace. Now we need to perform an inventory check to find out which item is problematic.
    You need to make a trade offer with all your items (TF2 in your case) to any other/friend's account (even if he is offline). You have 30 minutes, otherwise I'll be forced to give you a lifetime trade ban and also restrict the above-described capabilities of your account, as you will violate the terms of the Steam Subscriber.

[12:01 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    The fact that your english is really bad in this case and that everything you said sounds like a scam and that you have sent me no email regarding this case I have to assume you are a scammer.
    I will contact steam directly and report this account and have them lock my account from further access as it appears you may have breached something
    Thank you for the screenshots. I will be reporting this momentarily

[12:03 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    You are already in contact with Steam Support.
    Bans on Steam
    The most comprehensive guide about bans on the Steam platform. Here we'll talk about all possible bans that you can get, and why you can get them, while using Steam, as well as provide information on how to avoid getting banned. This guide is available in
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961168214
    You will get 1.3 ban.

[12:04 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    You haven't given me an extension or a way to resolve this
    I have done nothing wrong, and if you ban this account I will initiate at chargeback for the full value of every purchase I have ever made on this service for violating the terms of the VISA and MASTECARD merchant agreement
    If you do not provide a means of clearing my name and unlocking my account YOU ARE IN VIOLATION and will receive a massive chargeback
    This will affect your ability to accept credit card payments from anyone
    Unlock the account right now, or provide an immediate contact to unlock the account.
    You have 15 minutes to comply
    Timer starts now 12:05 EST
    You have until 12:20 EST
    14 minutes left.
    13 minutes left.

[12:07 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    It's good that you can count. I honestly don't care about the outcome of events. Either we complete the check or I'll lock your account.

[12:08 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    You haven't provided me with a way to check.

[ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    Do you have another account or friend who can temporarily store items?

TRADE BANNED:
    I recently purchased Detroit: Become Human from a third party website which appeared legitimate from
    Deals
    http://isthereanydeal.com

Is this the "fraudelent" activity you are looking for? If so that means that I was scammed by a supposed accurate site
    I do not have a friend who can store items
    No I do not
    The website was http://indiegala.com

[12:10 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    Okay. Then choose any friend and make him an offer. Your friend may not even accept this offer. I'll increase the check time.

[12:10 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    I don't have any friends I trust on Steam
    I am the only one I know that uses this service
    The rest of my list of "friends" are just casual playing aquaintences
    You must provide some evidence to ban my account. This isn't fair. I have been a loyal customer for over a decade at this point
    Probably closer to 15 years

[12:14 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    You have 6 minutes to start making an offer.

[12:14 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    Wtf? Why
    What is going on
    !?!?!?!?
    I told you have no one I can make an offer to
    PROVIDE ME WITH ANY EVIDENCE
    WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT
    I already told you that I bought Detroit: Become Human key from http://indiegala.com
    That is the only recent purchase that could have POSSIBLY been a problem, but my understanding is that it is a reputable site
    Can't you just confirm if that is the case and then unlock my account?
    I haven't used the Steam Market in over two years

[12:33 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    Well you did it. Thanks for not responding to a single question I asked
    Time to initiate chargebacks. I'll be sure to reference your employee ID number and email address. Screen shots and logs have been taken.

[12:35 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    You're entitled to it. I'm just doing my job.

[12:35 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    You didn't do your job
    You didn't give me your extension number as requested
    You didn't investigate the likely cause of fraud, you didn't give me any options
    Then you banned my account
    You did nothing and you are proud of it.

[12:36 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    If you don't have a friend and can't make a trade offer then my check authority ends. Items are your property and I have no right to move them.

[12:37 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    So because I have no friends I am banned. That's real nice.
    You never explained why I would need to move items for an investigation
    That is absurd, and sounds like a very scam thing to do
    It doesn't answer any questions
    How in the world would trading my items help you "investigate"? Oh thats right you never explained that or even tried.

[12:39 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    The system marked your account as suspicious. I gave you instructions. You can still make a trade offer to me.

[12:39 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    That sounds like an even bigger scam. Trade all my items to someone I've never heard of before today. Someone who can't prove they are an employee of valve. Gave no employee ID number, no contact information, nothing.

[12:41 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    All information in my profile. Please read.

[12:42 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    Oh s✿✿✿, you ARE a scam account. All the evidence I need is on http://steamrep.com
    Well enjoy your ban.

[12:42 PM]
    [ᐯАᒪᐯE] William:
    Okay. I am no longer considering your question.
    Have a good day.

[12:46 PM]
    TRADE BANNED:
    You never considered any of my questions

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!
    This includes threats of any nature such as banning your account as they did.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.