1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561199168086456 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mochi Mosh, May 16, 2022.

1. Mochi Mosh

Mochi Mosh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:641786993
    Scam Report

Report Type: DO NOT SUBMIT TO STEAMREP - Phishing or suspicious link
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199168086456

Victim profile: 76561199243839714

What happened? Description:
    He added me on steam and ask "Hello, mate. Would u like to trade for my Karambit Gamma Doppler or for my other items? Also i can buy your skins" Then to ask about my knife skin and its details. To be precise, he asked "What are PATTERN, FAI and INDEXES of your item?" Then I showed him a SS in game. He then tells me "bro, unfortunely, u can't see all in-game
    can u check fai and indexes??"

Then sends me a link to a website and saying "Just put your trade url in
    And you will see all information
    do u know how to get trade url? :)"

Then I said "yes its my API but Im not gonna use it sadly"
    Then he unfriended me after-wards.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Due to changes in our investigative policy, we do not accept phishing/hijacking reports anymore. As such, I am archiving this report.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

Please keep in mind that users posting phishing links are often phished/hijacked themselves (if not a brand new throwaway account) and their account is being used to try and hijack even more accounts. For that reason, it's best to leave these cases to Valve/Steam as we do not have the resources to handle such cases. Additionally, the victim would have to appeal their tag once they regained access to their account.

We recommend you report the accused to Valve. In order to do that, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION.
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT.

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

In addition, we have a (work in progress) guide on recovering from account hijackings, including what happened in your case. I recommend looking it over, contacting Steam Support about your items, and updating/running your anti-virus.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-to-recover-from-a-hijack.86363