1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199168902752 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Flopus Maximus, Sep 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flopus Maximus

Flopus Maximus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70975875
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199168902752

Victim profile: 76561198102217479

What happened? Description:
    So I have a Huntsman Knife that I'd like to trade. What I did was I submitted a couple of threads onto different sites like Discord, Steam, and Reddit. This user Appropriate_Meal_817 sent me a message asking if it's still available to trade. I said yes, then we proceeded to negotiate.
    Firstly, he wanted me to check the prices which honestly wasn't suspicious. He then asked me what type of knife I am into, I started to name them but then he sent 5 screenshots of "his" knives. Oddly though the images were cropped in a weird fashion. I asked for their floats, then decided to go with the Huntsman Knife Stained. I sent him my steam trade link which I included in the thread I made beforehand, he then asked me if I can do a pending offer to make sure that I can confirm the trade via steam guard, by this time I was already suspicious because I linked my TL two times and he didn't send the offer. I then called him out on wasting my time but decided to push it a bit further to see what he was actually up to. I photoshopped some images of my previous trade attempts but that wasn't pleasing enough for him and wanted me to crop the images so the "cancel trade" button would show, of course, I photoshopped that one too, I never actually offered the knife to my friend but used a graffiti. After sending him the screenshot I never got a response.

I found his steam account via a trade screenshot he made.​

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence is attached below. Did not crop any screenshots, the knife screenshots were already cropped when I got them.​

Attached Files:

2. Flopus Maximus

Flopus Maximus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70975875
    also reported him on steam
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you provided no acceptable evidence of any scam here, no chat/agreement noted thru steam chat screenshots as required.
    You were noted the below link prior to clicking the submit a report button but must have over looked it - please do not do so in the future.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.

Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.