1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199209530197 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ap0skyre, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ap0skyre

ap0skyre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:174338815
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199209530197

Victim profile: 76561198308943358

What happened? Description:
    I wanted to sell my Classic knife stained on the community market, then this guy "Matthias" left a comment under my screenshot, saying that he is interested in buying it. I added him and he went straight to buying my inventory, he wanted to buy a few items however I only wanted to sell the knife. He said that he will give 220$ for it and gave me some payment methods, I've chosen bitcoin. He had sent me a trade link to his storage account and told me to send the knfe there. I sent it and he sent me a screenshot from his paypal that ha can't transfer me lower amount of money than $1k. He wanted to buy my whole inventory and send me $1k and told that I will be able to buy those items from him after a week. I agreed on that and (I know you don't care but) we went on discord and he sent me money ON STREAM and it showed a message that the payment will show up in the next 24h. I waited 24h or even more and messaged him, he told me that he will contact support, refund the payment and send me those items back. After a week items were gone form his storege account and he didn't respond to any of my messages. I found out later that I wasn't the only one that was scammed as, there was like 5 other people saying that he has scamed them. (he has deleted those comments).
    We reported him on steam but there was no answer. I include cropped screenshots because I made them when trading with him to have an insurance, I don't and can't send uncropped screenshots because he has blocked, and removed me from friends and the chat doesn't show up.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2023
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Evidence is unacceptable..not full screen and this user accused never used the name "skins" no way to prove they did based on what you provided or history that we can see. If you gave this user a nickname that basically invalidates the evidence and makes the chat logs useless. Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.