1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199315722657 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sup M8, Sep 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sup M8

Sup M8 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91949423
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199315722657

Victim profile: 76561198144164574

What happened? Description:
    I originally got added by the user (almost instantly) after posting my trade in csgotraders. He then made an offer for my 3 most expensive items of buying an item or more specifically a knife from bitskins since he had balance in it and he could get items at discount. This was my 1st major flag and I mentioned to him that I am not going to do any trades outside steam and he agreed to a 3:1 trade.

I then proceeded to ask him about the reasoning for doing such a trade since I wanted some transparency between us, and he proceeded to say that he is a skin flipper.
    He then said for us to wait 2 days for the trade to happen (2 days because some of my items still had trade-hold since they were bought less than a week ago at that point).
    I then proceeded to ask him if he had bought the item which he said yes and provided me with a screenshot that ended up being fake because right after he said that I went to bitskins and saw that the skin was still available there for purchase. The trade could not possibly happen 2 days in a normal steam trade window because 1. the item ''Statrak Bayonet Black Laminate minimal wear'' had 1-week hold in their site as well as after buying it would take another week for the trade hold to expire meaning it would take around 2 weeks realistically for the trade to happen. This was a major red flag and I was sure at this point he was going to pull something off and I comforted him with this. After not getting a response from him I said that I won't ask any questions as long as the trade happens through steam which he agreed on.

Skip 2 days later he asked me (just 30 minutes after my item trade hold ended) if I was able to trade which I said yes. He sent a screenshot of how the trade should happen in a 1:3 fashion through steam and asked me to check the trade for whatever reason which I said yes everything is correct.

I guess now is where the scam attempt part comes in since he asked me if I know about bitskins and I said ''Sure, I have heard of it''. He then went on to explain how he wants to make sure that my items can be listed on the marketplace or whatever since he will be reselling them for real money, to which I said that I am not going to do it. He then went on ''guiding me'' that I should price my items like $500 each or whatever and after they would be listed I could take them back right away. Again, I said no to this because (while I am not 100% sure since I don't use bitskins) users don't need to ''verify'' if their items can be sold or not because it's a marketplace where everyone can sell their items as they wish. He then went on again explaining the same thing he said before but in more detail and he was getting more impatient because of the ''you there'' since I didn't respond to him instantly since I was gathering proof for this report. I said no again which he responded that he now needs to know the full pattern index numbers of my items or whatever. For the final time, I said no and if he was not going to do a 1:3 trade through steam as we agreed on then we have nothing to discuss anymore, he then proceeded to remove me and changed his steam URL(The change is also visible in the pictures attached below, more specifically the last 2 pictures. Those were taken after he removed me and changed his URL)​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry no evidence of a scam here, The user may have been legit in what they were asking or in some form. You can't submit reports here based on assumptions that the user was going go scam you either.
    Since we can't verify that for 100% there is nothing we can do here or nothing we will do without confirmation. It is your choice to do what they wish to do or how they wish to do it and you decided not to which is again your choice.
    Since we don't take reports based on assumptions alone we must decline since there is no evidence the user wouldn't have followed thru with their end of the deal.
    Declined

On another note if you are suggesting they were asking the "full pattern" data for the item in a manner to hijack you or phish that is something we do not review here which would suggest the user was hijacked themselves as we would never know and that would be INVALID regardless or we could deem it INVALID no matter what the other situation was first and foremost.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.