1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561199435761003 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by viyzen, May 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viyzen

viyzen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:128413484
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199435761003

Victim profile: 76561198217092696

What happened? Description:
    Paypal + TF2 items for my TF2 item transaction. Agreed deal for $2250 USD via PayPal plus a Scorching Rotation and 11 keys for my Stormy Storm Virtual Viewfinder (1).

I requested he send a trade offer with the items first, then I will accept, then he can send me the PayPal transaction for the remaining $2250 (2). He sends the offer, I accept (14), then he waits to then ask for another PayPal link as he claims my email linked to my account would not come up for him, which was strange (2). I provided the alternative link and took another few minutes to then send, when I asked if it had worked and if it sent he confirmed it had, and I was unable to confirm it had on my end and still cannot (3). I ask for evidence that he sent it, via the transaction details/description, he provides an image of his activity feed showing simply my profile picture, name, the amount sent, and "Money Sent", and includes some other transactions he did not intend to share (4). I ask about cancelling and resending, as well as showing me the transaction ID to see if I could look it up from my end, he provides an ID but does not screenshot the transaction details containing it (5). Additionally I ask for his discord so he could screenshare / call as he would take varying amounts of time (sometimes upwards of a few minutes) to respond and I was stressing about not having received anything. He claims to not use it often and would be unable to as he would be leaving shortly, and I once again confirm with a paypal activity page screenshot I have not received anything, and that I would need to reverse the trade until he is available again as I would not know when he would be available next (6). He requests I personally refund the amount he claimed to have already sent in order for the trade to be reversed. This was an immediate red flag refusing to undo this trade and wanting me to once again go first in paying him cash to makeup for his possible paypal issue (6). He reiterates his funds are already withdrawn but will provide no receipts of this from either his paypal balance or bank account (7). I point out that his transaction, even if it were pending, would still show on my end as a received payment. I show him once again I still have not received anything and then when trying to get his account info to send a request to instead, he is unable to find his own profile for several minutes (8). Upon finding it I send him a $0.01 request to see if he can view it and also send money still, because my best guess at this point was it was a bank issue or some issue with the amount possibly (9). He claims he does not see it and I show him the transaction image including his email that it sent to, confirming that it is his account and email. He still is unable to see the request and I resort to asking him to send it again elsewhere or reverse the trade and if I receive his payment twice I will refund him the extra amount. He refuses and claims he wouldn't be able to refund it (10). I ask again what he wants to do then because I was not going to settle with waiting on paypal support hours from this point (11). He once again refuses to trade back the items without me sending him money, and says he'd talk to support but once again we would be waiting hours for this to occur. I sent the trade offer to return his items in exchange for mine with a trade description of "awaiting paypal $2250 fix" and mentioned if he didn't trust it use that as proof in a steamrep report against me if I were to run (11 & 13). He claims he sent enough proof and I show him how easily a paypal transaction can be spoofed with simple element editing, and from this point onward the conversation repeats itself with him refusing to send any more proof, myself requesting he send the items back, and ultimately him refusing to do anything more and going offline. As of writing this ~3-4 hours after the start of this transaction, I have still not received any updates from him, paypal has not shown any transaction confirmations, and he has not accepted the trade offer.​

Provide Evidence:

1. [*][​IMG]
      [*][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2023
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We don't accept any evidence edited - please provide whatever you had you edited - unedited.
    The following MUST all be PC screenshots:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade.. full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. viyzen

viyzen New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

4. viyzen

viyzen New User

Steam:
    Update: Paypal support has confirmed his transaction ID is fake (via phonecall)
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  6. viyzen

viyzen New User

Steam:
    Yes he has continued to reiterate the same denials of paying, repeating myself to pay or trade etc., can provide screenshots if needed but literally nothing else significant is provided.

This is the agreement on the offer "2250 rotation 11k"

Attached Files:

7. viyzen

viyzen New User

Steam:
    Additionally the paypal image he provided showing his supposed payment of $2250.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so you've had no transactions at all recently on paypal? When was last one?
  9. viyzen

viyzen New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2023
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Will review this again soon - no need to post again.
    No need to track items either - you won't get them back if this did happen no matter what you do that is a Valve policy so you will have to address that with them.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.