1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Report: 76561199572501402 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by aki 3, Jun 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki 3

aki 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:187381678
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199572501402

Victim profile: 76561198335029085

What happened? Description:
    The story was this guy commented on my steam profile asking me to trade, very obvious red flag but my dumbass still added him cus I wanted to know whats the worst that could happen, I jump in a discord call with him and he screenshares and explains to me, he offers a much more expensive knife to me and shows me his trade record as "proof", I ask him why are you offering to trade me if you gonna make a loss and in summary, he wants me to exchange my skins on tradeitgg for rust skins and trade it with him for the knifes cause apparently in his country there's a website where he can sell rust skins at a much more expensive rate so he will profit regardless of him overpaying, so he tells me to screen share and go tradeittgg and exchange my skins for rust skins, after that he tells me to deposit it into tradeitgg, I click deposit and realise tradeitgg cant deposit skins for balance, and he assures me its a bug and told me to check my steam, there's a trade notice and its from tradeitgg, after trading the skins with the bot, I realize my balance wasn't on the site and he told me to keep refreshing while he went afk to feed his daughter, after 10 mins of refreshing and me contacting the bot, I message him and find me blocked on discord and steam alongside the tradebot, so tldr he impersonated tradeitgg bot account on an alt and traded with me, making me think I could depo into tradeit, dumb mistake for not checking I know, but it is what it is, Please let me know what I should do after getting scammed like this or whatever settings I need to change.​

Provide Evidence:
    I dont have chat logs of him texting me on steam because he blocked me and I cant open the window again, however most of the conversation happened in voice call on discord and I recorded the whole thing, if you want I can send the whole video to you. View attachment 817630

Attached Files:

2. aki 3

aki 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:187381678
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199538476781

Victim profile: 76561198335029085

What happened? Description:
    The story was this guy commented on my steam profile asking me to trade, very obvious red flag but my dumbass still added him cus I wanted to know whats the worst that could happen, I jump in a discord call with him and he screenshares and explains to me, he offers a much more expensive knife to me and shows me his trade record as "proof", I ask him why are you offering to trade me if you gonna make a loss and in summary, he wants me to exchange my skins on tradeitgg for rust skins and trade it with him for the knifes cause apparently in his country there's a website where he can sell rust skins at a much more expensive rate so he will profit regardless of him overpaying, so he tells me to screen share and go tradeittgg and exchange my skins for rust skins, after that he tells me to deposit it into tradeitgg, I click deposit and realise tradeitgg cant deposit skins for balance, and he assures me its a bug and told me to check my steam, there's a trade notice and its from tradeitgg, after trading the skins with the bot, I realize my balance wasn't on the site and he told me to keep refreshing while he went afk to feed his daughter, after 10 mins of refreshing and me contacting the bot, I message him and find me blocked on discord and steam alongside the tradebot, so tldr he impersonated tradeitgg bot account on an alt and traded with me, making me think I could depo into tradeit, dumb mistake for not checking I know, but it is what it is, Please let me know what I should do after getting scammed like this or whatever settings I need to change.

TLDR: This is the other guys account I reported about earlier, its a fake alt account impersonating tradeitgg.​

Provide Evidence:
    I recorded the whole discord call, please let me know if you need it I can send it to you.​

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!
    This was clearly noted to you BEFORE You sent to submit the report - please do not ignore our policies/notifications that are there to read before submission.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!
    This was clearly noted to you BEFORE You sent to submit the report - please do not ignore our policies/notifications that are there to read before submission.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.