1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198059494711 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dr.Buddha, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Dr.Buddha

Dr.Buddha New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23130751
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198059494711

Victim profile: 76561198159254235

What happened? Description:
    This guy, who is already marked caution, scammed a guy and was dumb enough to post a video of it to youtube.​

Provide Evidence:
    This guy, who is already marked caution, scammed a guy and was dumb enough to post a video of it to youtube. Attaching a screenshot from the video as proof of the agreement and the scammers name/steamid.

Proof here:

Attached Files:

2. -The Prophet

-The Prophet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49614491
    Okay so this video has been up for about 1 day now and i see that there have been some "mixed" reactions. I uploaded this video to make people laugh and enjoy, not to annoy people. Please know the full story before accusing people. I want you to know this; THIS VIDEO WAS A JOKE!!!!!! I RETURNED THE ITEM AFTER THE VIDEO WAS FILMED! The guys inventory was private and level 1 so, even though it may not have been obvious to you, I found it hard to believe that he was telling the truth. I mean, who would give a random person 50 keys for free just like that, without ever knowing them previously. If I was scamming( which I definitely wasn't) why would I ever upload a video of it, considering it was also only an 11c skin? For entertainment purposes.
    Even though he was (I firmly believe) a scammer, i didn't want to stoop down to his level, which is why I didn't even consider running away with the item. Also, you have absolutely NO involvement in the trade at all so i have no idea why you are getting involved, especially without knowing the background. Once again, this was for entertainment purposes, not to upset anyone.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

3. Dr.Buddha

Dr.Buddha New User

Steam:
    Looking at the time stamp on your "proof" It says you returned the item at 5:19PM on the 7th of June... AFTER you were reported!

So lets break down the facts:
    1. You already have a caution tag for quickswap scamming.
    2. You admit that you took the persons item but say you returned it. BUT you only returned it OFTER you were reported for scamming! Even if you did return it right after its still fraud and theft. If you steal a candy bar from the store then bring it back, you still committed a crime. Returning the goods doesn't negate the crime.
    3. You say the video is a 'joke for entertainment only' meaning you find scamming to be entertaining.
    4.You tried to justify it by saying "It's only worth 11 cents". Fraud is fraud and theft is theft. It doesn't matter if the item is worth 11 cents or $1,100.

You say "you have absolutely NO involvement in the trade at all so i have no idea why you are getting involved". I'm getting involved because I have nearly 6 years playing TF2 under my belt and I love the TF2 community. I find the recent influx of scammers into the community to be disgusting so I take every opportunity to report them when I have proof. My comment on your channel has the most likes and comments, meaning even your own subscribers agree with me that you scammed the guy!

To the admins:
    I assume this guy is going to delete the youtube video at some point. If he does, I've made a copy and I can share that instead.
  4. [SZB] Hhanuska

[SZB] Hhanuska New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65236030
    How is there no evidence that he was a scammer? If someone adds you and asks you to give him/her 25€, would you do it just because he/she says that you will get more later? Why would a random person want to give you that much for no reason?
    Pretty obvious scam attempt.

A comment on the youtube video from https://www.youtube.com/user/theDaRkSiDer0919:
    "After doing some research into the guy Prophet "scammed", it seems quite likely that he was indeed a scammer. What he said in the trade message with Prophet was that a friend of his was going open up 100 crates using 100 keys and if the potential 'scammer' was able to obtain a item that had a value of 25$/eus or higher, he would get everything that his friend unboxed. He then says he will split it 50/50 with Prophet if he trades him the Asiimov; however there is NOBODY on this person's friends list who has 100 crates and 100 keys to open them. It was a lie, meaning that if Prophet indeed gave him the Asiimov, he would have gotten nothing in return because there was nothing to unbox in the first place, therefore nothing to give to his friend, and thus nothing to split 50% of with Prophet."
    So he has no friend that has a 100 keys to give to him.

Also, every +rep he (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ablinAA) has on his profile is from people on his friendlist, which makes it pretty suspicious.
    And he has a private inventory and he is level one on steam.

Maybe Prophet gave the item back after the report, or the "victim" only accepted the trade offer at 7 June.
  5. Dr.Buddha

Dr.Buddha New User

Steam:
    Even if the other guy was a proven scammer (which he isnt) scamming a scammer is still scamming. Stealing from a thief isnt any more legal then stealing from and innocent person.

I added the victim after the profit posted (proof) of the return to confirm that the item was, in fact, returned. That's why he's on my friends list.
  6. Dr.Buddha

Dr.Buddha New User

Steam:
    Reported 5 or 6 scammers over the course of 2 years. Not one report was ever reviewed... RIP steamrep
  7. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Dr.Buddha,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**