1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198046481784 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Januswag, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Januswag

Januswag New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31512797
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198046481784

Victim profile: 76561198023291323

What happened? Description:
    This guy offered me paypal only trade. He tried it with the invoice scam. The names on the profile and on the invoice bill to me are the same. Enough proof that this is the real owner of the account. Aswell he instantly removed me from his friendlist after i asked him why he sended me an invoice!​

Provide Evidence:
    This guy offered me paypal only trade. He tried it with the invoice scam. The names on the profile and on the invoice bill to me are the same. Enough proof that this is the real owner of the account. Aswell he instantly removed me from his friendlist after i asked him why he sended me an invoice!

Check screenshots
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2022
  2. Sathron_The Milkman

Sathron_The Milkman Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43108028
    Please remove my personal contact details from the post

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    It's still in the chat you uploaded.
  4. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    in payment.png is my personal contact details and i'd rather them not be out on the web
  5. Salmon

Steam:
    Oh, I didn't realize that you're the scammer, not the victim.

You sent an invoice, not a payment, you didn't give the guy any money (which is why he reported you).

I just double checked - all the information there is completely editable to anything you want. I very much doubt that the information posted is real, and if anything you're hoping that someone will attempt to dox whoever lives at the information put, which is really on a whole extra level of scumminess over the original scam attempt.

@Lava the scammer uploaded clearly faked screenshots of paypal to claim that an invoice was actually a payment.
  6. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    What? That is quite clearly a payment not an invoice. And the information in the original post is personal and I don't really like it just being up on the web for everyone to see.
  7. Salmon

Steam:
    Please post an unedited screenshot of your paypal history.
  8. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    Paypal history
    Hidden Content:
  9. Salmon

Steam:
    Invoices aren't money.

I am really quite confused how you thought that you could pull that past us.
  10. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    i'm not sure if you have ever used Paypal or even know how it works, if not you probably shouldn't be posting on theses kind of accusations. but any way the first one that says invoice sent for $150.00 is actually an invoice that has been cancelled i sent that to see if i would get a reaction so i would know if it was the correct email and if he was a scammer.
    The second one is the actual payment. FYI Paypal sorts payment, invoices, ect from newest to oldest.
    Also i'm still waiting for my details to be removed from payment.png in the OP's post.
  11. Salmon

Steam:
    I've been buying and selling with paypal for five years. I've had tens of thousands of dollars move through my account.

So you did something which is a very common scam, to check if the other person was a scammer? And then removed him as soon as he asked you why it was an invoice, without telling him any of what you just told me? And then when he just kept your $150, you did nothing? Also, if you were worried the email was wrong, you should have had him send you an invoice, not the other way around.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  12. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    Now you are assuming things, i am worried about the transaction and have opened a dispute with paypal.
  13. Salmon

Steam:
    So you're saying he removed you, you didn't remove him? If so, why were you not worried the moment that happened? If you paid him, why did you wait at least two days of him not being on your friends list and not giving you the knife?

Please give a screenshot of the dispute.
  14. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    Now you are assuming more things. I removed him because i didn't want to waste my time with a scammer, and what did i wait 2 days for?
  15. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    I am just going to let the site admins determine the appropriate judgment. If i am not happy with said judgement i will send out an appeal. Thank you for your assistance Salmon.
  16. Januswag

Januswag New User

Steam:
    yeah they will judge you guilty for scamming... about the personal data i don't know what they decide.. they can make the content private if needed.

Anyway when you are a scum that scams people IMO it's fair that your information is open! so people are prepared when they search you on the internet before doing business with you.

But yeah that's my opinion xD
  17. Januswag

Januswag New User

Steam:
    HAHA i just noticed that the sceenshot you posted is so bad..
    The email = with a E not a A
  18. Sathron_The Milkman

Steam:
    Can my personal info please be removed from this post, i relay dislike my private information being out open on the web and i'm pretty sure it is illegal to publish private information on the public domain.
  19. Januswag

Januswag New User

Steam:
    Bump to get this solved!
  20. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.