1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198051845591 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by tuxy, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuxy

tuxy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:100177811
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198051845591

Victim profile: 76561198160621351

What happened? Description:
    Well basically, A guy named Brandify asked my friend if he wanted to scam someone and my friend copy and pasted it into the raidcall so we decided to troll them and record the attempts of the scam. So yeah he messaged me on steam saying "You helping me?" so i played along with it like "yeah" so he told me how to do some stuff and i kept playing along with it, so yeah he told me to add his friend the one that last one that put '+rep' on his profile so i took a look and it said "+rep great middle man" this literally just proved they were scammers. I added his friend and asked if he would like to trade he messaged me straight back saying "yes if we get a middle man" so i kept playing along with it and he asked me to basically send the items i said "wait my parents are talking to me" (other words turning my screen recorder on) so i recorded it from here then in the middle since it took me like 5 mins at the most to get the recorder working he said "I think he suspected something" i instantly thought to myself that Brandify was getting scared so then i told him to send the items first and then he accused me of trade scam, then i told him i had it all recorded and he got really mad over this reporting me for scam and writing on my profile saying i was a scammer but then he was trying to say that i was childish and then brandify was asking if i was actually reporting him i told him a straight yes then he removed and blocked me. I also have a video evidence video in the attachments for further evidence if needed.​

Provide Evidence:
    This is my provided evidence this just shows me talking to them but one of them is my friends screenshot.​

Attached Files:

2. Brandify

Brandify Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45789931
    Is this going to be dealt with it's been pending for a while, This is a guy framing me, I'm pretty sure, there is no evidence to show this was actually me and not someone who had the same picture as me, and like I said I didn't do this, so it's most likely someone trying to frame me?
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Brandify Feel free to add supporting evidence but otherwise your just arguing.
  4. Brandify

Steam:
    How could I prove this is not me?

The evidence shows only a steam account named 'Brandify' trying to scam, I can't prove it's not me, but neither can he prove that it is me?

This has been open for nearly a year and no resolution.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I see it a little differently - I'm moving the report on to review as you clearly tried to scam someone and admitted it through out the chat.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Brandify

Steam:
    Like you said 'you', Like I said before in my previous report ,this isn't me, It is someone trying to impersonate me, I've tried to tell you this, but no, just because he has the same name doesn't mean that it is me.
  7. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @tuxy ,

Thank you for the report.

Moving report to final review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.