1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198177954406 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SoilBurn, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoilBurn

SoilBurn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80264225
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198177954406

Victim profile: 76561198120794179

What happened? Description:
    The scammer added me via Steam and offered to trade 4 immortal items (Draining Wight, Moonfall, Resistive Pinfold, Atomic Ray Thrusters) for his items "wings of the fluttering amethyst" and "skirt of the fluttering amethyst". As my items can only be gifted I agreed to gift 50% of them first before he would trade. So as soon as he received the Draining Wight and the Moonfall he immediately unfriended me and disconnected (proof below). The trick he used to persuade me into trusting me is his high Steam acount level (20) and his very positive comments (+ rep) on his Steam comment wall.​

Provide Evidence:
    Proof of receipt of the gifted items is included in the screenshot Disconnect_without_trade (2nd pic below). You can see clearly at the bottom that the scammer typed "received one", waited until I gift the 2nd item, and then disconnected without further trace... View attachment 315332 View attachment 315333 View attachment 315334 View attachment 315332 View attachment 315333 View attachment 315334

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Can you point out your item in his inventory with your name as the gifted item?
    And I need to see your inventory history for today proving that you did not receive your items from him.
  3. SoilBurn

SoilBurn New User

Steam:
    Hi SIVARTZ,

here is what I could gather:

Screenshots #1 and #2: Those are my items in his inventory. He removed the dedication like a good scammer he is, but you can see from the trade restriction that he received those at the exact time shown in the chat history screenshot I posted above.

Screenshot #3: My inventory history.

Please let me know if something should be missing and I wish you happy banning!

DrainingWight_inventory.png Moonfall_inventory.png Inventory_history.png
  4. SoilBurn

SoilBurn New User

Steam:
    And judging by the trade restrictions on several of his (similar) immortal TI5 items (between Sep 8th and Sep 11th) I am afraid he is a repeat offender :(
    (all of those items were gifted to him recently. If he had received them through the compendium the trade restriction date would have been Aug 31st - as applies for all items from the same tournament)

I'm only annoyed I was not smart enough to check that out before agreeing to a trade...
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    The issue is that you do not have your time stamp showing in your chat. This needs to be enabled so that you can see the exact time an item would have been traded.
    Make sure you tick the box that says Display timestamps in chat log.
    I can see from the bottom of your chat that the last message was at 3:41pm.
    I will let an admin look at this and see if it is enough evidence.
    Thanks for your report.
    2015-08-29_11-51-49.png
  6. SoilBurn

SoilBurn New User

Steam:
    Hi SIVARTZ,

and thanks for the advice. I activated time stamps in chat log now but of course they do not show retroactively.
    (I was not aware of this option until you told me...)

I hope the evidence is enough and please let me know what else I can provide. I don't care about the items I was scammed off (they will be max. 2 EUR in market value), I just want to stop this bastard from stealing further!!
  7. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.