1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198156893804 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by EMT, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMT

EMT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52941943
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198156893804

Victim profile: 76561198066149614

What happened? Description:
    We had been friends for a while, so he had earned my trust. On June 1, 2016, he had messaged me asking to confirm a trade for my AK-47 | Frontside Misty (Minimal Ware) so he could use it to gamble. In exchange, I would be receiving a Mystery Key for Unturned. He said it was worth around $15 and I would be making ~$3 by selling it on the market. I looked on the market, and there are buy order for the key, so I accepted, assuming I'd be able to sell it. Little did I know, that key was not marketable. Later he would go on to say that he is recording for an awareness video, and that the item would have a "trade-hold" by him for 5 days, until June 6th. After looking today, June 5th, he has denied the trade offer, gotten rid of all his CS:GO skins in his inventory, and made his profile private.​

Provide Evidence:
    Because I was confident in this trade, I have no recording, and the Steam chat we had did not go back to the beginning of the conversation. Also, he has now unfriended me, so I have no access to our chat logs. Sorry.

View attachment 425378

View attachment 425379

View attachment 425380

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @EMT So you really have one more day to wait according to that one chat box correct?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. EMT

EMT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52941943
    At this point, he has unfriended me, changed his profile to private, and not accepted my trade request, but instead denied it as you can see above.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I see .. ok I'm moving the report to review
    The user is currently tagged/banned due to the process of another report at this time.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.