1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198027401147 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ☆ TACO, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☆ TACO

☆ TACO New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:155336853
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198027401147

Victim profile: 76561198270939435

What happened? Description:
    After adding me to buy keys, he insisted to go first and sent his payment through. With my carelessness and failure to conduct a proper background and background check on this scammer we traded. He insisted on going first at all time. After traded him 100 keys I got very concerned because he kept sending money. I should of stopped and said no and went to bed but I kept going. At this point I was very tired and was not thinking straight. More transaction and trades were made and had no problems at this point.

Until he could be a scammer, so I check his Steamrep and backpack.tf. Both sources listed him as a Paypal. At this point all I wanted was to get my keys back with a little overpay. But he did not want to go first and I was scared to lose my Paypal money if I sent it over to him. Prior going to bed 4hrs later I withdrawn the money he sent me (bad move on my end).

Woke up in the morning was worse. Read multiple email from Paypal notifying me the scammer made claims for charge back stating 'Unauthorised transactions' were made. At this stage I was preparing all the chat screenshots, trade history and what ever info I can gathered. But it was too late. Half an hour alter received more emails notifying me the refund was completed and the case was closed. I called Paypal straight away and discuss this matter, took about 50minutes but there was nothing I can do to get my money back. I instantly loss the case because I have withdrawn the funds he sent me, which made me look suspicious.

Now I have over $600 negative funds on Paypal which I have to pay back and there's nothing I could do to win this case sadly. The next day I've had many people added me to buy keys from me and I was refusing the sales as some on the accounts were banned via Steamrep. I think it may have been some of his alts.

I hope he gets what's coming for him!​

Provide Evidence:
    Proof of chat (Sorry had to combine multiple chat into 1 image due to 15 file upload restriction):
    View attachment 445432 View attachment 445433 View attachment 445434 View attachment 445435 View attachment 445436

Proof of trade:
    - Trade 1 (50Keys) & trade 2 (50Keys)
    View attachment 445437 View attachment 445441 View attachment 445442

- Trade 3 (100Keys) & trade 4 (100Keys)
    View attachment 445438 View attachment 445443 View attachment 445444

Proof of Paypal transactions:
    View attachment 445439

Proof of scammer's steam profile and Paypal profile
    View attachment 445453 View attachment 445445 View attachment 445446

Attached Files:

2. ☆ TACO

☆ TACO New User

Steam:
    Attachments in the evidence seems to be broken somehow. I upload evidence in this comment.

Proof of chat (Sorry had to combine multiple chat into 1 image due to 15 file upload restriction):
    Chat-1.png Chat-2.png Chat-3.png Chat-4.png Chat-5.png

Proof of trade:
    - Trade 1 (50Keys) & trade 2 (50Keys)
    For T12.png T1.png T2.png
    - Trade 3 (100Keys) & trade 4 (100Keys)
    For T34.png T3.png T4.png

Proof of Paypal transactions and reversals:
    PPTrans.png

Proof of scammer's steam profile and Paypal profile
    Scammer.png HisPaypal1.png HisPaypal2.png
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Need two more screenshots
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History for last few days to present (NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload here.
  4. ☆ TACO

☆ TACO New User

Steam:
    Screenshots as per request.

Trade history from when I got scammed to present:
    TradeHistory1.png TradeHistory2.png TradeHistory3.png

Paypal activity (Scammer is Michael Pastore):
    PP1.png

If you are curious about the refund in the image above. I accidentally sent incorrect currency, my default is AUD instead of USD, the seller refused the transaction there for the money was refunded to me. In return I resent the correct currency. If you have would like to confirm this transaction with the seller his profile link is http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadder2k
    Screenshot is also profile if you must view that my pending transaction was from the seller. NOTE this screenshot I am about to provide is not the scammer. It is not provide proof of my refund.
    PP2.png

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks moving to review
    Just so you know this user was already banned/tagged as of about 40+ days ago - You said you checked his steamrep - well I find that hard to believe or you did something completely wrong. Lesson learned as there isn't much more we can do to him.
    You should also report to Valve.
  6. ☆ TACO

☆ TACO New User

Steam:
    As mentioned above, I trusted him and failed to correctly check his Reps. I only found out he was banned from Steamrep after the 300 keys were traded. Thats when I freaked out and wanted my keys back. I will be very careful from now on thats for sure.

Thanks admin.
  7. ☆ TACO

☆ TACO New User

Steam:
    Hi Admin, May I ask how long till this case is accepted? My other case was accepted instantly oppose to this one.

Thanks again.
  8. __GR__

__GR__ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24831154
  9. ☆ TACO

☆ TACO New User

Steam:
    The link was to your own account? I'm confused
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well what do you want me to do to them that we already did? user is already tagged/banned..nothing more we can do even if accepted
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.