1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197982957545 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ♥ Pony., Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♥ Pony.

♥ Pony. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65612871
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197982957545

Victim profile: 76561198091491471

What happened? Description:
    Despite knowing that the two fraud accomplices have been banned on SteamRep, it is good to create more awareness for new/old traders as this two users are still roaming freely on steam. This unsuccessful middleman fraud happened to me yesterday 23rd February 2017 around 11.00 pm till 24th February 2017 after this user by the steam name of "Piterek<Official Tf Trading>" added me out of nowhere to trade for my "Non-Craftable Unusual Taunt: The Fubar Fanfare Unusualifier" for 60 keys.

Steam Profile url: http://steamcommunity.com/id/takemygunkillmeOfficaill/

As a new trader, I am definitely happy that someone wanted to trade with me for the amount that I requested and therefore I conversed with this user. The user requested to trade with me on the condition of having a community rep to be the middleman to make sure that my item was clean and not from a fraud or a scam. As I have explained to him that I am new to trade and that I clearly uncrated my trade item from my cases on Team Fortress 2, he copied and pasted the same chunk of instructions a few times which got me really frustrated and followed what he did. Frustration due to being in game for a match, which I have told the user many times, but this user kept spamming my chat for trade. If a trader was really interested in an item, he would definitely wait for a response instead of spamming, or look for another alternative to get the item that he wanted via trading with someone else or buying it off the steam market.

After talking to the user for awhile, it got me suspicious as there were repetition of instructions that he wanted me to do, as well as forcing me in a subtle way into trading with him despite me telling him a few times that I wanted to call off the trade. He definitely worked his way into eating into my kindness as I felt bad when he said "i have already reserved the keys for you". He asked me to add one of the "community admin" that he pasted two links onto our chat, which I only managed to get hold of one of them, which was this user ☆☞Twitch.tv/Yappy☜☆.

Steam Profile url: http://steamcommunity.com/id/YappyOfficial

This "steam community admin" named Yappy accepted my friend request instantly while his accomplice, which was the trader, told me that Yappy did not accept his friend request yet. It got me even more suspicious as to why Yappy only accepted my request. Then, a group chat was opened as seen in the screenshots I have provided. Both staged a scene on forcing me into trading with Yappy my item first to verify if it is clean and even mobile authenticate it, which I was highly not fond of as it would be a done deal if the item was traded over. As per my IT knowledge, a database of information on our steam accounts or inventories would have already been in placed and there was no need for a middleman trade like this to happen. If the person is a "steam community admin" per say, he would be able to enter the database to check the item as he will already have access to the knowledge of our steam accounts or get a technical person to look into it.

As seen in the screenshots of our group chat, Yappy questioned if I was trolling and threatened me into a 322 days trade ban several times after I told him that I wanted to cancel the trade as I was not comfortable with it. This was a questionable point of being a "steam community admin" as no administrators will issue a ban unnecessarily towards any users unless they have committed something which was not expected of them. Being suspicious of Yappy, I went to google his user id and such, copied and pasted the web link of the fraud incident he was involved in back to his chat and he could not explain himself; then brushed it off as someone accusing of him.

Having to tell Yappy that I was cancelling my trade, he gave me a 20 seconds count down which clearly he did not count it per second as he was busy attempting to get me to trade with him. On the other side, the trader also pressured me into trading with Yappy as he claimed that Yappy was counting down on him as well. I did not yield to the countdown and I told Yappy that I will take screenshots as a precautionary measure if anything were to happen but he turned it around and said that I was accusing him of something and that he did not want to lose his job as he has a family to feed. I was questionable about his grammar as a "steam community admin" and that last panic when I told him that I was calling off the trade gave him away as a scammer. As the middleman trade was unsuccessful, the trader deleted and unfriended me ASAP giving me no chance to screenshot our chat, but Yappy took awhile to delete and unfriend me, giving me the chance to provide the community with the screenshot.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      105.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      106.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.PNG
      7.PNG
      File size:
      84.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.PNG
      8.PNG
      File size:
      132.9 KB
      Views:
    • 9.PNG
      9.PNG
      File size:
      135.5 KB
      Views:
    • 10.PNG
      10.PNG
      File size:
      128.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.