1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198275640298 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ☭ Comrade Xela ☭, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☭ Comrade Xela ☭

☭ Comrade Xela ☭ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:207809733
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198275640298

Victim profile: 76561197971691194

What happened? Description:
    This user added me on the 18th of May 2017, on the 19th at 7:42 PM I message him asking what he wanted and he
    jumped immediately to the topic of trading me, wasting no time. He obviously planned this out but didn't account
    for anything the other user may say because later on when I accuse him of impersonation he didn't know what else
    to say but "what?" and another lazy excuse I will get into later on. Anyways, I ask him what he wants and he says
    that it's about an unusual, asking if I have one. He was correct, I do have an Unusual Officer's Ushanka. He links me
    to what first looked like to be his inventory, but upon further investigation (clicking the profile picture above the link
    he provided) I quickly find out that this user I am chatting with is impersonating 'Mattie!' who is well known on this
    site as I saw. I compared both of the account's IDs and they do not match, they do not have each other added, the
    real one is older than the fake, all of it is proof that he's a fake. He tried to get away with it by saying that his inventory
    is privated for 'safety reasons', hiding that he doesn't actually own any items in TF2, so he can link the actual Mattie!'s
    inventory (which makes no sense, if it's privated then I shouldn't see it whether or not I was linked to it, common sense).
    At this point I know he is a fraud and point out all of this to him directly, and his response time jumps from instant to
    about half a minute, clearly showing that he doesn't know what to say and thinking it through. He says that this account
    he is using to talk to me is an alt account, and the real one is his main. Very weak excuse, I call him out even further and
    he unfriends me and blocks me. What a loser!​

Provide Evidence:
    This user is pretending to be the real 'Mattie!' by using the actual account's name, picture, and description. I know this because his custom link and his
    ID's don't match the inventory link he has provided me with on his profile
    and in chat. His account he used to add me on is 1 year old, has no profile background or the inventory display the real 'Mattie!' has. The real profile
    he is pretending to be is also older than 1 year. To get around this obvious fake, he says that he privated his inventory(which he actually forgot to do)
    and provided a link to the REAL Mattie!'s inventory. That doesn't make
    sense too, if he actually privated it then I shouldn't be able to see it regardless
    if he linked me to it or not. Anyway's he/she wants my Unusual Officer's Ushanka
    I just bought and he offered me 2 unusuals with a link to the real Mattie!'s inventory.
    He probably does this so I can get excited and get an expensive Unusual Team
    Captain or two. This is a case of something that was too good to be true, so I
    investigated even further. His account has no actual report of impersonation
    so this is why I am filing this here, everything is in good standing for this
    impostor. Moving on, I pointed all of this out to him and he played dumb
    and when he realized I wasn't falling for the bait he defriended and blocked
    me. I have provided a screenshot of the chat conversation, his real inventory,
    and his fake profile. In his comments people are giving him '+rep' but I am near
    certain all of them are fake. Also noting that his spelling and grammar is really
    bad, and when I checked out the real Mattie!'s profile, he has perfect grammar.
    This person has pretended to be someone he isn't so they can target people
    who own Unusuals and lure them into giving gifts and free Unusuals.

I have not gotten a message or add from the real Mattie! to confirm if
    the potential fraud is indeed fake however, that's the only thing I haven't
    proven.

Here are the screenshots!

View attachment 546387
    View attachment 546388
    View attachment 546389
    View attachment 546390

And here are the screenshots of the REAL Mattie!

View attachment 546399

View attachment 546400

Never tell your password to anyone.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017
    7:42 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: hey, you added me?
    7:42 PM - Mattie!: oh hello
    7:42 PM - Mattie!: are you open for trade now ?
    7:42 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: for what?
    7:43 PM - Mattie!: about unusual
    7:43 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: sure, what do you have to offer?
    7:43 PM - Mattie!: you have 1 right ?
    7:43 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: unusual officer's ushanka
    7:44 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: http://steamcommunity.com/economy/item/440/2/5706925798/?l=english&o_url=CommieLizerd

7:44 PM - Mattie!: I privated my Inventory for a Safety reason Here's the link http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie/inventory/ Chosse 2 unusual then thats my offer for you okay ?
    7:44 PM - Mattie!: as a good friend for you
    7:45 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: when i go to your profile and take a look at it, your inventory isn't private
    7:45 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: and your ID isn't mattie, it's makkienabang
    7:45 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: http://steamcommunity.com/id/makkienabang/
    7:45 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: this is your profile, not the one you linked me
    7:45 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: if you actually want the unusual i'll need something from you specifically
    7:46 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: you're impersonating the real mattie
    7:46 PM - Mattie!: what ?
    7:46 PM - Mattie!: that is my main acc dude
    7:46 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie
    7:46 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: who is this
    7:46 PM - Mattie!: high lvl
    7:46 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: that person goes by the name mattie, has been for many years
    7:47 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: your account is 1 year old
    7:47 PM - ☭ Comrade Xela ☭: if that is your other profile, add me from that other profile
    7:47 PM - Mattie! is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.