1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198090213472 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ZakMcRofl, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:460230
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198090213472

Victim profile: 76561197961186188

What happened? Description:
    He bought keys from me various times but then charged back one of the payments from me sending him 40 keys on November 24th 2016.​

Provide Evidence:
    This is a weird one. He bought from me many times, high volume buyer. On February 22nd I received a paypal chargeback for one of these transactions (40 CS Go keys on November 24th). I attached the screenshot from my discussion on that day as well as the part of my inventory history.
    He is not disputing the fact that a chargeback was filed. He claimed he would pay me back until April 30th. I was very patient despite him having keys for a partial payback in the meantime:

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198090213472?time=1489708800

Today he still promised me to pay me back someday but I am tired of waiting.
    Please give him the appropriate tag.​

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2023
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @ZakMcRofl Don't accept edited screenshots - provide those that you edited (Unedited).
    Also show the paypal notice for the chargeback and paypal activity for every month in different screenshots from Nov till now. So you will be provided several screenshots all Unedited and uncropped.
    Also Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  3. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    Ok, just to clarify: you want me to publish my paypal history for the last 6 months for the world to see (privacy, identify theft), you want me to publish my steam account name (security risk), you want me to publish my real name, home adress and phone number (identiy theft, they were in the part of the chat i cropped out)? And you want me to put this all out for the world to see, as a high profile trader?
    How is this reasonable? Is there a private way to share these unedited with Steamrep and you censor out the critical parts? This process more harmful to the victim than it is to the scammer.
    Remember that the guy is admitting to it, in chat, today and in the screenshots I provided.

I will share what I can but I will not publish my phone number here, sorry.
  4. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    Ok here is an updated batch of screenshots, uncropped and unedited. As per your guidelines I placed something over the areas that I feel uncomfortable sharing with the public. I am open to sharing everything privately with a mod or admin here, if there is a process for that. I am also willing to do a teamviewer session with one of the mods or admins to show the full paypal history. As a compromise, I searched for the name of the accused and showed a full list of all transactions I received from him, uncropped and unedited.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You provided them exactly how we recommended - unedited but you dragged something up over the parts you needed hidden...good job!
    You either figured that out on your own or you read the guide in my signature that explains just that.
    My only issue is that the first two screenshots are cropped and are not full screen...I need those two again pls.
  6. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    Sure thing.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.