1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198321618727 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by darealshellnutt, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darealshellnutt

darealshellnutt New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:183484297
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198321618727

Victim profile: 76561198327234323

What happened? Description:
    Someone named "Cai" (as he calls himself during this fiasco) added me a few days ago and I noticed he was trying to impersonate someone on my friends list. I let his request sit but misclicked last night and added him by accident. Instead of deleting him, I kept him added to see if he'd try anything. Today I was out of the house, and when I got back I noticed he had messaged me.

I asked him what he needed, and he asked me if I was trading my Nightmare Mask skin for H1Z1: King of the Kill. I told him I'd consider it and he told me he'd like a Steam Admin to "verify the items". I told him I would allow it and he asked me to find an Admin. I told him I didn't know how so he found one for us. The scam was pretty clear from the start, so the account of the "Admin" was obviously fraudulent. Looked convincing enough at first glance, but a simple background check with SteamRep showed that the account had been reported for fraud in the past.

The Admin, whose account showed he supposedly lived in Texas, spoke pretty decent English, but it was obvious that he wasn't fluent. It seemed like a mix of broken sentences, misspelled words, and the help of a translator. The fake Admin account also typed inhumanly fast, which made it pretty obvious that he was just copy/pasting lines of text that he had prepared beforehand. Not sure if the Admin and "Cai", as the scammer called himself here, are the same person, or just partners in crime.

During the conversation, the Admin asked if we were okay with what was happening, and then asked us to send our items to him in a trade. He assured us that the "Item Identifier" would not be able to accept our trades and that the items would never leave our inventories.

The fake admin's SteamID64 is "76561198358736068".​

Provide Evidence:
    .​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.