1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561197962836530 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by macs2, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macs2

macs2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52365146
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197962836530

Victim profile: 76561198064996021

What happened? Description:
    I know this person is already banned but I have additional evidence against them.

Added me out of nowhere, wasn't online for a while but I saw him online so I decided to message him. I went into this knowing he was a scammer due to his "Skinstore" and other sketchy parts of his profile which are similar to those of other scammers I have encountered.

He asked if I wanted to trade my knife. I said I wasn't looking to trade my knife, really, but I would for a good offer. He offered me ~60 bucks profit, and asked for my trade link. I said sure, why not. When it sent, he then asked me about OPSkins, a popular buying/selling website for CS:GO skins, if I knew what it was. I told him yeah, but I didn't want to use it. He also asked for my Skype, which I said I didn't have. He then asked me if I was "scared to lose [my] knife there", to which I asked him why he wanted to use OPSkins. He wanted to know if I could privately list my item so he could sell it later after the transaction... but he never told me why wouldn't be able to list it (related to bugged items scam that he was accused of in a previous accusation?). I told him if the trade wasn't over Steam, then no deal. He proceeded to keep trying to persuade me to use OPSkins, to which I kept telling him what I told him before. I kept asking him why my knife couldn't be listed, a question he never answered. He eventually said "ok bye" and then told me to "f✿✿✿ off". Shortly after I unadded him and blocked him.

What scares me about this person is that his profile can be VERY convincing to the beginning trader/someone new to steam. He also had links on his profile which lead to places such as his group (a link to the Steam Trading Cards group, a well known group with thousands of members), "Cash Rep" (link directs you to the Cash Rep group, again, another known group) a video showing "Inventory Bug Item" ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=747316114/), his "Skinstore" (http://steamcommunity.com/id/jmswrnr/inventory#730), a link to his "sponsor", Cooler Master; his 2nd account (which doesn't work - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SSENGoongDy2) , and a link to his inventory (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996034832/inventory/), linked to a profile with the same name and profile picture him (Impersonation?). I hope this evidence helps to make it known that he is NOT legit and that he is a definite scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of his profile are also included just in case he goes private.

Also included is the guide which one of the links directed me to, link is provided in the description of the attempted scam.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.
    If you already knew this then you shouldn't have even been dealing with them - there is nothing more we can do to them.
    I'll accept report add another note but that will be last one to this user.
    Be sure to report them to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.