1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197982959877 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Burning Rose, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning Rose

Burning Rose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67408394
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197982959877

Victim profile: 76561198095082517

What happened? Description:
    He tried to scam me but failed. This is actually the second "high level trader" to friend me and try and buy my hat for +300% overpay. Didn't both to check their real accounts instead I just googled their names both times. Luckily neither of them actually managed to scam me but I was to dumb to check their account before taking an hour to try and trade with them. (The other guy was a fake "-GoV-DedAndrei B>Knives" but I don't have evidence because it was too long ago.) The guy who tried to scam me this time is already marked as a scammer on backpack and steamrep but I just figured the more info we have about them the better. (And yes I was too dumb to realise it was a scam when he offered $500 on a $100 unusual... RIP my intelligence) Also here is his real link: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197982959877. Also your guide (https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-to-verify-an-admin-or-middleman.96267/) on the matter was very helpful in helping me make sure he was scamming. Thanks!​

Provide Evidence:
    See below chat log​

Never tell your password to anyone.
    Saturday, June 17, 2017
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: http://steamcommunity.com/economy/item/440/2/5580994622/?l=english&o_url=LegoTonix

LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: thats what you want?
    Burning Rose: Yeah
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: and 40 keys?
    Burning Rose: Yes
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: so deal?
    Burning Rose: Yep
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals is not available to trade. More information will be shown to LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals if they invite you to trade.
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: ok can you send me your offer link?
    Burning Rose: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=134816789&token=p4ukSELm
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: ok wait
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: btw can i ask a little bit?
    Burning Rose: ok
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: where did you get your unusual?
    Burning Rose: traded for it from a guy on outpost
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: okay i just want to make sure here that i am safe with you here in the trade
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: is that clean?
    Burning Rose: I have not duped it and looking at it's history it does not appear that it was
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: because i dont want to experience the same thing that happened to me the last time i traded i was f✿✿✿ed up
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: hope you understand my concern
    Burning Rose: yeah definately
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: im just being careful with my safety here
    Burning Rose: ok
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: sorry for many question
    Burning Rose: it's fine
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: my other account before got locked after i recieve some fraud items
    Burning Rose: ah. well i've had this hat for about 1 year at this point and I haven't had any negative side effects
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: thats why im being carefull
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: if you dont mind can we both undergo Item Verification by Valve Officials first just to have assurance if we are really trading safe items.
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: if its ok
    Burning Rose: I would prefer not to as it is the number one way that people get scammed currently...
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: thats why im being carefull
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: i dont want to experiece it again
    Burning Rose: If you can find a real valve official and have them do it then yes but I'm not interested in getting scammed
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: what do you mean?
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: ill find someone who can help us
    Burning Rose: The most popular scam right now is to find a "valve official" and have them take both of the items but they are actually just a renamed friend of one of the people and the other guy gets his stuff stolen
    Burning Rose: so im concerned
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: me either
    Burning Rose: I'm just wondering how this person would help us verify our items because it is most commonly used as a scam
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: thats why im not trading it directly i want to verify the item first
    Burning Rose: oh... f✿✿✿ im dumb
    Burning Rose: lol I never checked if you were the real LegoTonix
    Burning Rose: f✿✿✿o boi
    Burning Rose: nice fake account
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: ok
    Burning Rose: have fun scamming someone else
    Burning Rose: bye
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals: i dont want to force you
    Burning Rose: mate. This is your real account: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197982959877
    Burning Rose: your not a real top 15 trader. you're a fraud
    Burning Rose: not even gonna respond
    Burning Rose: rip
    LegoTonix | S>330 Unusuals is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on. More info the better won't do nothing more to this user.
    This will be the last note we apply to this users profile - future reports will be archived.
    be sure to report user to valve and avoid these users from here on out.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.