1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198170184274 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MeFigaYoma, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52911156
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198170184274

Victim profile: 76561198066088040

What happened? Description:
    So on May 15th I was on a trade server and this guy random traded me and asked if I could help him out. He wanted a Kazotsky Kick, and said that he would pay me back 3 keys later, when he got his birthday money (unfortunately no screenshots of this conversation). I asked him to add me, and I did a little research on him (no rep anywhere). The next day, we agreed that I would get him the Kazotsky Kick, and he would give me 3 keys by June 5th, or if he couldn't get them in time he would give me 4 keys by June 15th.

Around early June I had some trouble in real life, so I wasn't checking Steam very often. On June 17th, I saw he messaged me that he got the money and would be getting the keys soon, so I gave him an extension until next Monday (the 26th) since I would be on vacation until then anyway. On June 19th he realized that the keys wouldn't be tradeable for a week since he bought them from the Mann Co. Store or SCM, but I was on vacation anyway so I let him have it.

On Sunday when I got back from vacation he had sent a trade offer to me for 3 keys, which I accepted. I let him know that I still wanted the fourth key by Monday though. Today, as he hadn't responded for 4 days, I gave him a final warning to get the 4th key by Friday. A couple hours later, he finally responded and let me know that he didn't have a 4th key and wasn't planning on getting one. I asked him why, and he said that he only allocated 3 keys of his birthday money for me and spent the others on paying back his friend 2 keys and buying some other cosmetics and weapons. If he had only gotten enough money for 5 keys, and had to split them between me and his friend, I would have been fine with 3 keys. My problem is with the fact that he had enough keys to repay me in full but decided to buy something else that he had no obligation to buy instead of repaying me like we agreed. I don't see any excuse for intentionally not paying back your debts when you clearly have the means to, instead spending them on something else.

I've attached screenshots of our chat conversations, their profile, and my entire trade history between May 15th and today (there's a lot, I'll need a few posts to hold all of it). I've included a mouse-over of their name in the trade history in a normal browser to show the URL.​

Provide Evidence:
    See attached screenshots in this post and the next few. Everything except the trade history (i.e. everything you actually want to look at) is in this post.​

Attached Files:

2. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    More trade history

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What was the agreement and which screenshot states it?
  4. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    More trade history

Attached Files:

5. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    More trade history

The agreement is in the very first screenshot; the next few show our continued conversations, then their profile and trade history with mouse-over, then the rest of the trade history.

Attached Files:

6. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    More trade history

Attached Files:

7. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    More trade history (getting close!)

Attached Files:

8. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    Last one!

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok stop posting trade history - I need to know the original agreement and which screenshot please.
  10. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    The original agreement is in the very first screenshot in the first post.
  11. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    Sorry if the trade history was unnecessary, I thought it would be good for proof that I got only 3 keys from them.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Are you still in contact with the user? Only owes you one key correct? What was the last thing or communication said?
  13. MeFigaYoma

MeFigaYoma New User

Steam:
    Yes, they're still on my friends list. Correct. They're trying to explain how they were never able to make profit and I can make 1 key back "easily."

Attached Files:

14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.