1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198174194305 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui

Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82279270
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198174194305

Victim profile: 76561198124824268

What happened? Description:
    There are atleast two people involved in this scam attempt. I was first messaged by this impersonators accomplice (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198296215327/) who said I was reported and needed to contact an admin in order for my account not to be banned. I got in contact with this fake admin through the accomplice's link which took me to a fake steam "Fraud Prevention" page (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963218646#1846544). This page had a list of admins who were online and offline. I was told to contact the online admin who was listed as [RG] Syntax, I got in contact with this admin and strung him along, he ultimately wanted me to trade him my skins for 'verification' following my account being so called 'reported'. After getting him to tell me what he wanted me to do he launched a non steam game which was entitled "Banning STEAM ID *My steam ID*" in order to try and intimidate. Eventually after wasting enough of their scamming time I decided to call them out and afterwards I was instantly unfriended and/or blocked by both parties.​

Provide Evidence:

Syntax

[RG]SyntaX: Good day trader.
    [RG]SyntaX: How may I help you here?
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Hey, a friend of mine said i got a report on a page and says I should tell you
    [RG]SyntaX: So you already notice your report in your account?
    [RG]SyntaX: Are you aware that we official steam admins ban traders who scam and duped items?
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Nope, i didnt even think steam admins existed tbh. I just have no idea whats going on lol
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: I havent even traded in a couple of weeks so dont know how i got a report
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: I havent seen said report either
    [RG]SyntaX: So if you really do care for your steam account not to get permanent banned, take this as a serious matter.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: I shouldve been made aware of this then if it is serious?
    [RG]SyntaX: If you can prove that your item is not duped, I will ban the guy who reported you for false report.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: How exactly do i do that?
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: And i wouldnt have a clue if it is duped because i traded for thos
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: this item
    [RG]SyntaX: You should read the item verification process below the admins list.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Would you be able to tell me what it is?
    [RG]SyntaX: Go to my profile and find Service.
    [RG]SyntaX: click it
    [RG]SyntaX: you can see the admins list and below of it you can find and read the item verification process.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: So it involves trading my item to an admin?
    [RG]SyntaX: yes so I can check and verify your item if you're involve in scamming and duplicating items.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Lol yea thats not going to happen. Unless you can prove to me that "Steam Admins" actually exist
    [RG]SyntaX: You can double check me in the steam admins list.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: There is no evidence to suggest i have been scamming because i will counter it with legitimate trades
    [RG]SyntaX: You dont need to worry as long as you're innocent here.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Im innocent. You arent.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Scammer
    [RG]SyntaX: Scammer?
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: This page has been up for like 2 weeks
    [RG]SyntaX: So you really want to get banned here?
    [RG]SyntaX: So I can start banning your account.
    [RG]SyntaX: I have another traders waiting for my help.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Prove to me. Other than the steam page that you are an admin
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: I havent done anything wrong
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Can i see my report file please? I am just trying to understand this situation
    [RG]SyntaX: I just want to help traders here not to get banned.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: Well i will be going then. Sorry for taking up your time I was just trying to understand this situation.
    [RG]SyntaX: i just want proofs that your item is not duped.
    Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui: You are not getting my item. period.
    [RG]SyntaX is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui

Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82279270
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Sir Potato Bon Qui Qui Ok you didn't report this correctly - you report the user you were FIRST in contact with not the other way around.
    | steamname: SKYRUS
    | steam3ID: [U:1:335949599]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:167974799
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198296215327
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/skyruspage-
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198296215327

Now this user is already banned/tagged too- you shouldn't have even been dealing with them really - you check users out before accepting friend request - soon as you see this its best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.

Attached Files:

• rg1.jpg
      rg1.jpg
      File size:
      234.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.