1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197963192510 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Noble Six, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noble Six

Noble Six New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70082570
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197963192510

Victim profile: 76561198100430869

What happened? Description:
    first of all i cannot report two scammers at once because they were joint in this scam attempt so i will be including both profiles.

I got randomly added yesterday by a user called Mr.Omani #Buying Backpacks
    (steam profile link) ( https://steamcommunity.com/id/BuyingOmani ) , he asked me if i was selling me my dead presidents pardner's pompadour (which is worth 19 keys). I told him that i was currently selling my unusual but he offered me about 25 keys, which is already a red flag for me. then he was starting to talk about he needs to check if my unusual was glitched or not, i tell him that he can clearly check backpack.tf to find my unusuals history but he just says "i want to make assurance mate". then he starts talking about that "Only Steam Developer knows how to do it and the only who has a tool for it", then talks about filing a ticket in order to hire one.

This is where the other scammer comes into play in this scam attempt (steam profilel ink)
    ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963192510 )

The scammer recently changed his name to ◄FA†MAN► but the name he used in the scam is [RG]Bacon [/r/tf2trade] who is a popular middleman on the steam community (real person's profile link) ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/RGBacon )
    I get added by him and he immediately starts a group chat with me and the other scammer. he starts off by saying "how may i help you?" so i replied with "well i am being sold that you can help with item verification", then he states that is his job to verify both of the items. then he asks what the name of my trader is i tell him that and not even a second the first scammer joins the group chat, then he says that he is an official worker at valve steam support community administrators and saying he will be the representative of this trade.

He asks me to state what item i am selling, but i ask a question to explain himself why do i have to send the items to him to check if it is duplicated but you could clearly check backpack.tf. he states that he will only know that if the items are duplicated as an official. then i just tell them that backpack.is telling me that my unusual is clean and you can read the trade history of the item, then he just says "if you want me to check if you want to check it you need to follow what i said, understood?.

This is where the trade starts to happen but i'm not falling for this c### because i have been trading in the tf2 community for the past four years so i know what kinds of scams that are going on in the trades that people try to get different items. Me and the first scammer tell him the items that we are trading and i just say why are you offering 25 keys but my unusual is worth 19 keys, they ignore this and he get ready for the trade and that he is recording this transaction , saying that any scam attempt will result in a permanent ban and will be tracked using your IP address and will be punished accordingly with steam support. He tells us to get are phones ready to accept the trades i just make out i'm ready to make the trade and he sends the trade offer link of his profile. and saying stuff don't get worried as long as long i will be with you, your safety is rest assured. And saying that he has seen people like me because he has done a lot of trading in the past.

He starts to ask us when we have sent and accepted the trade to update him about the trade, so i reply with "why are you making this easy ass trade so long". Then he says that the first scammers trade has been accepted and waiting for my trade to be accepted. after that he reads about my comment about the trade taking long and saying "what do you mean Mr.Noble?". Then i say "i'm starting to make me think you are not an official worker of valve steam support", he replies with "really your marked my worked as a official" then he says that don't be so rude Mr.Noble send it now so that i can check it ok? and the final thing i say is "explain this, why is it saying that you are in a non-Steam game Steam developer|© valve corporation". and seconds later they both leave the chat, unfriend me and block me.

The thing is that you could just add a random .exe file to steam rename it to Steam developer|© valve corporation to make it more legit but i'm not falling for that bullsh##, so can you get the two pairs of garbage banned because this is just becoming a joke because i could tell how hard they tried but once they have been exposed they ran to the hills hoping that i will not report them but another thing is that they used the items that they scammed to buy trading cards to get to the exact level of the real [RG]Bacon [/r/tf2trade] (which is level 44) to make the profile look more legit.

anyway this is Noble SIx, signing off​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.
    You report the user you were contacted by FIRST - not the other way around.
    | steamname: Mr.Omani #Buying Backpacks
    | steam3ID: [U:1:161631839]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:80815919
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121897567
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BuyingOmani
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198121897567

Both users are already banned/tagged - there isn't a thing more we can do to them.
    Report them to Valve as you should have done to start with - if you didn't know they were tagged- you need to check users out BEFORE accepting friend requests from now on to ensure you check users out better.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.