1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198070912592 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by whix, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whix

whix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68482977
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198070912592

Victim profile: 76561198097231682

What happened? Description:
    This is a guy who I met in a trading server, the regulars spoke of the accused being shady but I didn't take too much notice until now. We were having a pretty normal conversation until he mentioned interest in one of my unusuals, a Neutron Star Greased Lightning. He tells me another user (who so happens to be a friend of mine) accused me of being a scammer, and he is distrustful of me. I immediately let him know I'll speak with the friend about the subject to which the accused violently reacts and pleads for me not to say anything, the accused didn't know I asked anyways and my friend verified for me he never made such a claim, if needed I can add a screen of that here. He then continues to accuse me of malicious activities so I send my rep tf link (which if you didn't know is a site that shows all reputations on all the community sites) but he refused to look and implies it was a phishing link to hijack his account. I grow inpatient with him, and ask what his offer even is but he continues this ridiculous notion he would be banned should he trade me. He then comes to the conclusion that I need to do his specific "safety test" which is to send my items to an "admin" for him to verify that I traded them legitimately and therefore he wouldn't be banned if he made the purchase (which he never even gave an actual offer on).

I've uploaded printscreens of the conversation that are relevant to this case
    Imgur links of attachments for ulterior view: http://imgur.com/a/0FqaQ

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. λdaloss

λdaloss Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55323432
    YOU DO REALIZE THAT ISNT ME. You know good and well that I don't do Unusual Trading, did you check his profile and all of the sorts?
    Please follow that account.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.