1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198297119443 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78908373
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198297119443

Victim profile: 76561198118082474

What happened? Description:
    Tried to scam me and i caught him red handed, i put a -rep on his steamtrades page and is now he threatened me to remove it, i said no and he's now using alts and friends with the goal to give me a bad reputation.​

Provide Evidence:
    Saturday, October 16

I receive a comment on my profile and a friend request from a guy named 1/100 Screams, i add him and he tells me he has The Last of Us Remastered, he wants 9 keys and i agree on it, he tells me how we'll exchange and i ask if he has an outstanding reputation, he says he has 183 and sends me his SteamTrades reputation. It turns out he was impersonating a man named 1/100 Screams and tried his best to replicate that man's profile to trick people into falling for his scam, i call him and then he deletes me.

After those events i decided to take pictures as evidence and put a negative rep on his SteamTrades profile in hopes to warn anyone not to fall for his scam, i also spoke with 1/100 Screams (The real man) and inform him someone was impersonating him. After that i try to find the scammer and i find out he changed his name to Hermit.

An hour later he puts a -rep on my page saying he's never met me and that people should not trade with me because i'm lying. I call him out on it in the page, leave the evidence and let the community vote on weather i am lying or not.

Sunday, October 17

I get a friend request from him, i accept it and he starts asking me what i want in exchange, i respond confused and then he explains that he's sorry for what he did and he wants the -rep i placed on him removed. I tell him that i forgive him and i have no hard feelings, but as for the removal of the -rep i placed i denied that request. He spams me with the message "please remove it" and also says he spoke to the person he was impersonating and told me he had forgiven him, and that i should forgive him.

At this point i feel bad for the dude. I decide to add 1/100 Screams to see if he was telling the trust about the apology, if he was then i would delete that -rep i placed on him. In the meantime i tell him why i don't wanna remove it, i told him i wanted to keep it so that it would remind him not to try and scam people again, i said that i do believe he was sorry but i have been though this experience before where people begin to regret their decisions when they are caught and are only sorry at that moment, but when the person forgives them they take advantage of those who are good and repeat their bad decisions again, backstabbing those who trusted them.
    I told him to please understand why i had trust issues at that time. I even told him that i would at least change the description of the -rep to make it look less like i was trying to ruin his reputation.

He would not listen nor wait until i spoke with 1/100 Scream to confirm if he was telling the truth, if he was then i would have totally deleted the -rep i placed on him.
    But he began to spam me more kept saying do not regret this, he was getting stressed and began to threaten me. I also began to get stress and i told him i was not liking the threats he was giving me.

After a few back and fourths he ends up saying that i will regret and places a -rep on my page. A guy named FrogHermit who i have never traded with. From his name i know its him and i call him out. He tells me if i delete the -rep then he'll stop it, otherwise he'll continue to ruin my reputation on that page.
    I tell him no and that i am definitely not willing erase that -rep i placed on him and that he deserved it.

It all goes downhill from here, he uses alts and friends to place -reps on me. FrogHermit is definitly his alt, Billcipher i aint to sure but the spacing between times suggest he is linked to Hermit or a friend. And Acorn must be a friend of his. I have never met these people except hermit and i know its him, i have proof of everything.

All i ask is that you speak with this guy and tell him to quit his spam of false reputations on my steamtrades page, people tend to judge on numbers and not on the person and i cant blame people on that. I do not like being treated like a scammer when i haven't done any of those things. His alts have already have 1 ban.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, evidence is below in chronological order of the events with proof of his impersonation, his attempts of the scam, him admitting to have placed one of the -reps and other stuff.​

Attached Files:

2. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    Sorry i clicked sent by accident, didn't place all the pictures, here's the others.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We do not accept edited screenshots - you need to provide unedited versions of the chat making sure date/time stamps are shown.
    It is VERY difficult to accept browser screenshots of the chat too - prefer steam chat box/full screens.
    [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı likes this.
  4. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    Thank you for the info ill try and fix that.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You either have them unedited or you don't...which is it? Trying to fix them is still editing.
  6. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    I was trying to say thank you for informing me on how to properly sent screenshots here, I'll fix it by not editing the screenshots and sending them as to how I took them.

Here, I took them from my phone this time because my sister needed to use her computer, I'm on my bed about to go to sleep because it's past my bedtime here.

Attached Files:

7. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    Here's the other part, maximum of 15 files it said. Those last 3 screenshots show the negative reps right now on my page.

Attached Files:

8. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    If you need anything else I'm happy to help tomorrow, I'm off to bed now. Again thanks for taking the time to read this.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.