1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198148134454 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by VivaceWarrior5, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90759061
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198148134454

Victim profile: 76561198141783851

What happened? Description:
    Offered me a P2000 skin with a Kato sticker on it and keys for my knife claiming that someone had offered him a c/o on it. Went to said guy and his c/o was not in pure like the accused said it was. The c/o was a Case Hardened Five Seven that was not what the second accused claimed it was. First accused said that they would buy the Five Seven from me and never responded. Both users have blocked and removed me.

He told me that he would trade with me if I traded x item from a guy and then when I got the item, he never responded. He used the old Dota 2 rare item scam tactic except that he did it with csgo items only.​

Provide Evidence:
    PLEASE NOTE: TWO accounts were involved in this. I am not sure if this was two different people working together or if it was just one person using two accounts.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198148134454
    ^ this one is listed above already

\/ this one is the other person involved
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198320864234

| steamname: peep
    | steam3ID: [U:1:360598506]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:180299253
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198320864234
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198320864234

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    How is this any different than the other report that I already marked invalid?
    You really need to explain this better - as in exactly which user by username did what with what.
  3. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    I will be using the names that they had when they added me to explain what happened (Johnny and peep). Johnny added me originally saying that he was interested in my Karambit Case Hardened and gave me an offer of 87 keys for it. I told him that his offer was too low and that I would keep him added as my current best offer. Couple days later I work out a deal with an unrelated person for a different item, but I need more keys for the trade so I go back to Johnny and tell him I will take his current offer. He says that he cannot do pure keys anymore, but will trade me his P2000 Ocean Foam with and iBUYPOWER Holo sticker on it as well as 11 keys for my knife. I told him that I do not want to take a Katowice skin for my items because I do not know the price well on them. He then tells me that he has a current offer of 78 keys on it from a different guy. I explain to him in the chat that he should just take the current offer from that guy and then give me the keys, but he said "i dont want 78 pure for it / id be down to use it to get this tho". I add the other guy (peep) since Johnny has told me that peep made a current offer on his P2000. Peep tells me that the current offer was not of pure keys but was actually a Statrack Five Seven Case Hardened. Peep claimed that his Five Seven was worth 90 keys so I had to add 12 of my keys along with the P2000 to get the Five Seven. I then go back to Johnny saying that the current offer was not in keys like he said it was, but Johnny said that he would buy the Five Seven off of me if I bought it off of peep. Johnny tells me that he would give me 90 keys pure for the Five Seven once I got it off of peep. I trade for the Five Seven and message Johnny again, but he does not respond to me. I inspect the Five Seven ingame and it is a very very bad case hardened that is not worth much of anything over market at all. Both Johnny and peep then blocked and removed me. I talked to one of my friends about the whole situation, his name is De-Veer, who is a Reddit admin to see what I should do and he told me that the same guy has apparently scammed someone else doing the same thing. I have no proof of this just his word which I believe to be true.

De-Veer's profile if it is needed: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198268316075
    I have also uploaded the chat I had with De-Veer incase it is needed.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I need some evidence proving you were in contact with the accused - I don't see that anywhere. All I see is a chat box and a name which doesn't verify identity based on ID.
    The glim dropper scam you were thinking of isn't this elaborate as to talk to you for a few days and work back into something. Right now all I can make out is you traded for an item to trade to another user whom just abandoned the deal for whatever reason.
  5. Bluefin

Bluefin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4314381
    Considering that the 5-7 is nowhere near 90 keys, this is obviously a scam. This wasn't a deal that was backed out of. This was a case of lying about an items value and then convincing the victim that their friend would pay 90 keys for it. If it was worth anywhere near the stated value, your point makes sense. However, this 5-7 is worth only a few keys. Can't you see the obvious scam?
  6. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    I uploaded screenshots of the chat windows between myself and both users as well as completed trades. Are they not shown for you or something? I will try to re upload them on this reply.
    This is the Five Seven which obviously is not worth what they said it is worth: https://s.metjm.net/cBpKswd.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    SR doesn't get involved with pricing/value disputes - basically it does not matter what you think one item was worth. Can be 50 key difference - gotta prove the scam.
    Now again
  8. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    Are you able to see the screenshots I uploaded? There should be five different ones: 3 chat logs and 2 from the trade screen
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So you traded the accused is that correct?
  10. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    I think that is obvious here. I traded with two users like I said and showed screens for. I traded with Johnny for his P2000. I also traded with peep for his 57.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So what did you get scammed for then? You traded both users items - the scam type your thinking is you trade one user items to get to another user and they never traded you at all and vanished..that isn't what you are describing here.
  12. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    Did you look at the screenshots I uploaded? There is two screens of completed trades there along with the chat of us discussing items. I don't understand how you do not see this as an obvious scam. I have showed all of this same evidence to multiple friends of mine they do not understand why he is not banned yet either.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Nothing is obvious on any report -we look at the evidence. I can see what your saying yes - but there is doubt as to what is happening over all.
    I need to see your trade inventory history for the last 72hours - do this in steam client - make sure client URL is enabled.
    I can tell you right now that what your showing and describing is not a Glim Dropper scam...that's completely one sided trading not trading with both users your communicating with so if its scam related TBD.
    I can see how it is though - you won't be happy till the user is tagged but before I go either way I'm going to ask another staff member for their take on it so just to make sure everything is here to accept/decline.
  14. VivaceWarrior5

VivaceWarrior5 New User

Steam:
    The last 72 hours does not include the trades with the accused. I am assuming this is what you are asking for. "icey oats" is Johnny who has changed his name and "XAN" is peep who has also changed his name.

Proof6.PNG
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Upon discussing this with another staff - and digging into some other evidence that wasn't provided but I managed to find on our end I'll agree that these users did work together to deceive trades or scam related activities.
    I've marked both accounts - be sure to report them to Valve also - thanks
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.