1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198173319125 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Shoopa Venusaur, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoopa Venusaur

Shoopa Venusaur New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63670808
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198173319125

Victim profile: 76561198087607344

What happened? Description:
    Added me with intent on buying out with BitSkins, which was already a massive red flag of an impersonator account, alongside checking his actual backpack worth on backpack.tf (screenshots provided below). Got increasingly adamant when asked for proof of credibility and refused to work out a deal unless I complied with him. Intent was to scam my items off of me for himself and onto the BitSkins market based on a "trade gap" between Steam Community Market prices + BitSkin prices (lel).

From my background knowledge of the Team Fortress 2 trading community, the real Artemis_Phoenix retired from trading a long time ago (can't find actual profile because of the numerous other impersonators). He also had one of the highest ranked backpack's during his time too.​

Provide Evidence:
    1) The beginning of the convo. Interested in paying for my Vivid Plasma Cotton Head, but apparently is unaware of how much I'm demanding out of it. So I remind him in chat. For some reason, he mistakes this as 85 Pure, which we'll get too later.

[​IMG]

2) He agrees to pay for it, but states that I'm "not sure of the details of your (my) items". Thought this was a mistake on his end until he said he would pay for it on BitSkins.

[​IMG]

3) The two main red flags here is that I) he asked for my Discord to "guide me" on selling my Cotton Head to BitSkins (even though I'm aware of how it works, but his lack of trust is what really got me worried). This is where I call him out for his antics, but denies the first time.

[​IMG]

4) Claims that he has $999 in BitSkins money to pay for the Cotton Head, which only reaffirmed my BitSkins scam theory (who even keeps that specific amount of money to begin with?). He does provide buyout orders from his PayPal, but it doesn't show who's Gmail account it truly is. Claims that the $999 was an error, and meant it as $900. Main issue here is that the buy order is higher than the $900 he told me he spent.

[​IMG]

5) I convince him to just get the keys outright and send them to me when he does. He tries convincing me to sharescreen me on Discord with the whole process of selling items on BitSkins to him. This is when I checked out his actual backpack worth, which is laughably less than the real thing, hence why the impersonator was so adamant about using BitSkins over bp.tf to determine my items worth.

[​IMG]

6) Denies this again, claiming that it is "his" impersonator, and that he's the real deal. I call him out again from the trades I've been posting, with me telling him to either pay up or get out. The impersonator reaffirms that he will overpay (when all I'm asking is 70 pure, or 82+ in mixed / unusual offers). He gets angry and goes offline afterwards.

[​IMG]

For reference, the impersonators profile.

[​IMG]

And his bp.tf profile. Notice the amount of the impersonator's backpack here:

[​IMG]

Compared to the likes of this....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.