1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198134901693 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Findiculous, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findiculous

Findiculous New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54835208
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198134901693

Victim profile: 76561198069936145

What happened? Description:
    User added me to buy keys. After negotiating, a deal was made. They paid first (and covered fees) then I sent keys. I left the rep for them after that. The following day I was informed by Paypal that a payment received was not authorized by the account holder.

I sent in evidence of the completed trade as per Paypals guidelines then contacted the buyer. They informed me that the money came from a pre-paid card which they had bought and would look into it. I said I would give them a week before I took action. I heard nothing from them for a week and chased up to which they requested a couple more days. I said I need to report in 24 hours.

Come to today, they tell me the one who sold them the card is now banned (likely for chargebacks - it should be noted that I have not been given the information of this 3rd party who is banned at this point). I requested advise in the tf2 forums as to how to proceed. They advised that I should not be the victim here and that it is his responsibility to fix. He was given a choice. Send the money again to cover the current chargeback (to which if the original case is seen in my favour and I get the money back I just refund what he has sent over to me) or receive the report. They did not want to resend the money.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence attached including full chat log​

Monday, 30 July 2018

Findiculous - [CASHING OUT]
    :
    19:48
    Hi you added me?
    WAVY
    :
    Hi, I wanted to know if you are selling keys
    :
    I am selling my keys. Selling for GBP
    or £
    WAVY
    :
    What's the price?
    :
    £1.45 per key
    WAVY
    :
    19:49
    oh ok
    How long are you online for?
    :
    19:49
    few hours
    going to jump into some games now. So you have time if you have other things to do
    WAVY
    :
    19:50
    Could you go to like £1.35?
    :
    afriad not. far too low
    WAVY
    :
    1.4?
    :
    19:51
    Sorry
    WAVY
    :
    19:52
    30 keys would be £42?
    £43.20
    £43.50
    :
    19:53
    £43.5 yes thats correct. Have 150 keys to sell right now
    WAVY
    :
    19:54
    I can buy 40 for now
    19:54
    and more either later or tomorrow
    Is that ok?
    :
    19:55
    well its up to you if you would rather wait until tomorrow to buy more in 1 go. Im not in any rush :)
    WAVY
    :
    19:55
    I'll buy some now and some tomorrow
    :
    19:58
    40 keys would be £58
    Are you in the UK
    ?
    WAVY
    :
    19:58
    US
    :
    19:59
    Alright. You know you will need to cover the fees too right?
    WAVY
    :
    19:59
    Yeah, no problem
    :
    20:00
    https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/67477-selling-backpack-for-pure/
    20:00
    details for the paypal trade are on there. Monzo is alternative if you prefer direct bank transfer
    paypal email is [email protected]
    WAVY
    :
    20:03
    Getting my steam info
    :
    20:03
    np
    WAVY
    :
    20:05
    I, WAVY am using this money to send to Findiculous for virtual in-game items that I have received and will not chargeback under any circumstances."

Then after the text, include your Steam info:

| steamname: WAVY
    | steam3ID: [U:1:174635965]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:87317982
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134901693
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/jnorton254
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198134901693
    is that ok?
    :
    all good yes :)
    20:06
    ill prepare the trade whilst you do the paypal :)
    WAVY
    :
    Sending
    [email protected]
    :
    thats the one
    WAVY
    :
    20:07
    Done
    20:08

Gyazo

GYAZO.COM
    :
    20:08
    received :)

You sent WAVYa new trade offer
    View trade offer

keys sent
    WAVY
    :
    20:09
    Thanks
    I might get some more later, will let you know
    :
    20:09
    No problem. I will be around for another couple of hours before I sleep. I will add some rep for you now too :)
    :
    21:53
    Heading off now. I left rep for you. Thanks for the trade :)
    WAVY
    :
    21:55
    Thanks, cya

Wednesday, 1 August 2018

:
    17:26
    Ah you're online. I received a message from paypal that our transaction has been opened for investigation and determined that this payment was not authorised by the Paypal Account holder?
    WAVY
    :
    Hi, when was this message received?
    :
    Yesterday
    WAVY
    :
    17:27
    I bought a prepaid card from someone and used it on PayPal, looks like he charged back
    I'll have to contact him
    :
    17:28
    Alright. Well I have submitted evidence of the completed transaction in the meantime. I hope to hear some positive news from your end :)
    Hope this can be resolved easily
    WAVY
    :
    17:28
    Yeah, same here, it's really frustrating for me because I got scammed over $300 last week, so nothing good's coming from my end so far
    :
    17:31
    I can see how that would be an issue. I currently have another pending investigation from someone who appears to have been a scammer. Paypal might not be able to help me on that one. So having this other one resolved easily would be good :). Sorry to hear about the $300 though. Thats rough. Scamming is a real problem lately
    WAVY
    :
    17:31
    Yeah, it sucks, unlike back in 2016
    :
    17:33
    True. Anyways, keep me posted on updates from the guy who sold you the card.
    WAVY
    :
    17:34
    Will do
    :
    17:40
    I will add, as you are probably aware, this leaves a sting on my paypal. Im reasonable so I will give it a week from the date the case was opened (so August 7th). If I have heard nothing then I will need to report im sorry :(

Tuesday, 7 August 2018

:
    18:52
    Hi Wavy. So the issue is still live in paypal. Did you speak to the guy you got the Paypal card off?
    WAVY
    :
    20:13
    Hi. Yeah, he was meant to give me replacement but hasn't been online for a while
    :
    21:11
    How long is a while? Because at this rate it sounds like I wont get the money back :/
    WAVY
    :
    21:21
    Could you give it a couple days please
    :
    21:29
    Come on man you have already had a week. I was nice enough to give even that. Most others would hae just auto reported for this kind of thing
    21:30
    24 hours i need to report. Im sorry dude

Wednesday, 8 August 2018

:
    16:47
    So following from yesterday im going to ask again for an update. Its been a week now

:
    21:00
    Alright I have asked in the forums and been advised that this can be dealt with in the way as per the forum post:
    https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/67887-report-or-alternative/
    Basically it saves you from a report and if the issue gets resolved, you get the money refunded
    WAVY
    :
    21:16
    Read it but there's a slight problem
    The guy got banned, so I assume it was because of chargebacks
    21:17
    I got scammed $349 a few weeks back and that was the money I've gained after like 2 weeks of putting hours in daily
    How many keys did I buy from you?
    :
    21:17
    40 keys
    WAVY
    :
    21:18
    How much was that on PayPal?
    :
    21:18
    £58 (GBP)
    WAVY
    :
    21:21
    Ok
    I've been using prepaid cards for a while and had no issues but from what I know, it's relatively easy to chargeback prepaid cards by just calling and saying 'I didn't make this purchase', so the guy probably bought them then did that to get money from selling as well as the money from the card back
    :
    21:23
    Yes that is a possibility. Hence why I have provided my evidence. However, issue is since the keys went to you and not to this guy, my case might not hold up in paypal as he would just claim that someone must have stolen his details since the account information listed is not his
    21:24
    Paypal would then probably track the IP address that made the payments and see the discrepency and then there lies the problem
    WAVY
    :
    21:25
    With payments from cards, it's completely different
    You could literally call your bank then say it was unauthorised
    21:26
    The bank will be on your side at all times, unless they notice that you did that sort of thing regularly
    In this case, no real bank is involved, only employees under Visa Prepaid and it's not easy to prove that you haven't done something, so they would refund in all/most cases
    :
    21:27
    Indeed. Though that still doesnt solve the situation at hand. You are basically asking me to wait and see what happens?
    Because sorry dude but im not doing that
    21:28
    As per the forum, you could repay now, and then if my case is won and I get the money back, I issue you a refund from what you paid.
    :
    21:36
    Bascially thats the only option here. Otherwise I have to report because like I said its been a week.
    :
    21:53
    So?
    :
    22:00
    Look man if you're going to just ignore me I may as well just submit this report
    WAVY
    :
    22:01
    I'm really not in the position to pay since I'm a victim as much as you and as I said before, I've lost $349 and I need to make up for that

I just need time

If I didn't intend to get this sorted out, I would've blocked you or transferred accounts and ignore you
    :
    22:04
    You didnt get back to me for a week. I have had to chase you up. You have given me no other choice here. If you do figure it out, you can appeal with steamrep after thetrade has been honoured.
    WAVY
    :
    22:06
    Doing that really doesn't make anything better, considering that if I do deals on steam, other users will see that I have a pending report
    :
    22:07
    Its to protect others from scam attempts. I gave you the choice. And you have chosen to not fix this.
    WAVY
    :
    22:07
    What do you mean scam attempts? As I said before, you'd be blocked and ignored if I were to scam you
    22:08
    Why should I make false promises when I could end this in 2 clicks and make a new account?
    :
    22:10
    You havent made any promises. You just said "more time" that doesnt make me feel comfortable. You could be doing anything. So im submitting now

Attached Files:

2. Findiculous

Findiculous New User

Steam:
    Forgot to change the proof of trade screenshot to show mouse over the accused. Now attached

Attached Files:

3. Findiculous

Findiculous New User

Steam:
    So to update, unsurprisingly, the case was not found in my favor and the payment was refunded to the scammer. Images attached of activity and email from paypal.
    Please advise if any other evidence is needed. The accused has made no attempts to repay the money that they owe from the trade.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Findiculous likes this.
  5. Findiculous

Findiculous New User

Steam:
    Like this?

Attached Files:

6. Findiculous

Findiculous New User

Steam:
    Posted now I think. Not sure if I was supposed to reply or just post normally.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.