1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198255671221 - ([Steam] Other Community Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [RϟG] Tjthelegokid, Sep 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [RϟG] Tjthelegokid

[RϟG] Tjthelegokid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:73253269
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Other Community Items

Accused profile: 76561198255671221

Victim profile: 76561198106772267

What happened? Description:
    The accused user attempted to scam items off of me by claiming to be a Steam Community Admin and that the items in question were duplicates that could get my account banned.

The accused user is a former client who requested a Garry's Mod artwork commission. After the commission was completed, they remained on my friends list and we went on to play games together.

The accused user messaged me with a link to a Steam Community guide providing a list of supposed Steam Community Admins:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1518051789

After stating that I had several bans pending on my account regarding duplicated items, the accused user linked me back to the guide's "Appeal a Judgement" section, where it states that to repeal the supposed bans, the items in question are to be traded to the Community Admin who will check the items with a verification software.

The accused user then attempted to pressure me into trading him the items by threatening to push the bans on my account through.

During the time I claimed to be reading the guide, I referenced SteamRep's list of Steam Community Admins, to which the accused user was not listed on.

The accused user again attempted to pressure me into trading them the items, to which I started referencing the information I had gathered.

As I provided more and more evidence against the accused user's claims of being a Community Admin and being able to ban my account, the accused user left the conversation by unfriending me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    It would be nice if you didn't cover up the users profile like that with the chat box in at least one screenshot in the future.
    I'l review this again shortly.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.