1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198069012750 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by nautical, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nautical

nautical New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78975634
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198069012750

Victim profile: 76561198118216996

What happened? Description:
    I was playing Subnautica and Polekov randomly hits me up, worried, claiming that he really needed to talk to me. He explains that he accidentally reported me to a Steam admin for having duped items, but meant to report someone different. I tell him that it's okay because Steam likely won't ban me since I don't have duped items (to my knowledge). He ignores that and instead directs me to the profile of "Xela", a user who he claims is a Steam Support admin. He then tells me to add them, as it's the only way to get unbanned. At this point I was mostly sure this is a scam, because you shouldn't have to add an admin to clear a ban. I then looked up Xela on Steamrep and found a pending scam report against them as they attempted to impersonate a Steam Support admin. I took a while to respond to Polekov so he starts getting worried, sending me two messages asking if I had added them. I told him I'm pretty sure this is a scam, and he unfriends me. I've attached the screenshots of this.​

Provide Evidence:
    [2:31 PM]
    Polekov:
    hello are you there
    i really need to talk to you

nautical:
    yeah whats up

[2:32 PM]
    Polekov:
    i may have done something on accident
    i might reported you for having duped items instead of someone else but it was a mistake im very sorry
    please don't get mad
    :(

nautical:
    well im sure i wont get banned because i dont have any duped items

[2:33 PM]
    Polekov:
    sorry for the trouble he banned my friend he told me that you need to confirm that it was a mistake report
    i hope you understand

nautical:
    where do i confirm that? here?

[2:34 PM]
    Polekov:
    Steam Community :: Xᴇʟᴀ
    PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO IMPERSONATE ME, BE CAREFUL PLEASE! Hello and welcome to my profile ^_^ ːcsgoxːPlease read bio for information ːcsgoxː If you wish to contact me comment below so i know why you are adding me and for a spcific reason. I will never trade with marked people no matter how good the offer is! (This also counts with pen
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/6545320934111/

he is the admin
    just add him and confirm that i mistakenly reported you by accident
    so you added him ?

[2:36 PM]
    nautical:
    the admin for what?

Polekov:
    on steam support
    so you added him ?

[2:37 PM]
    nautical:
    no because this all seems weird

[2:38 PM]
    Polekov:
    i might reported you for having duped items instead of someone else on steam support
    he said you have 3 hours to add him so that he can confirm that it was a report made by accident or your account will get banned

[2:39 PM]
    nautical:
    yeah that's not a thing
    this is a scam
    i don't know if you're gullible and fell for his scam or if you're part of his scam
    but this guy has reports against him on steamrep for pretending to be a steam admin
    remove him from your friends list immediately
    lmao you unfriended me ok
    you're scum btw
    hey idk if you can read my messages right now but you're 100% getting banned on steamrep
    enjoy it

nautical has ended voice chat.

[2:45 PM]
    nautical:
    well you had your warning​

Polekov:
    hello are you there
    i really need to talk to you

nautical:
    yeah whats up

Polekov:
    i may have done something on accident
    i might reported you for having duped items instead of someone else but it was a mistake im very sorry
    please don't get mad
    :(

nautical:
    well im sure i wont get banned because i dont have any duped items

Polekov:
    sorry for the trouble he banned my friend he told me that you need to confirm that it was a mistake report
    i hope you understand

nautical:
    where do i confirm that? here?

[2:34 PM]
    Polekov:
    Steam Community :: Xᴇʟᴀ
    PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO IMPERSONATE ME, BE CAREFUL PLEASE! Hello and welcome to my profile ^_^ ːcsgoxːPlease read bio for information ːcsgoxː If you wish to contact me comment below so i know why you are adding me and for a spcific reason. I will never trade with marked people no matter how good the offer is! (This also counts with pen
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/6545320934111/

he is the admin
    just add him and confirm that i mistakenly reported you by accident
    so you added him ?

nautical:
    the admin for what?

Polekov:
    on steam support
    so you added him ?

[2:37 PM]
    nautical:
    no because this all seems weird

[2:38 PM]
    Polekov:
    i might reported you for having duped items instead of someone else on steam support
    he said you have 3 hours to add him so that he can confirm that it was a report made by accident or your account will get banned

[2:39 PM]
    nautical:
    yeah that's not a thing
    this is a scam
    i don't know if you're gullible and fell for his scam or if you're part of his scam
    but this guy has reports against him on steamrep for pretending to be a steam admin
    remove him from your friends list immediately
    lmao you unfriended me ok
    you're scum btw
    hey idk if you can read my messages right now but you're 100% getting banned on steamrep
    enjoy it

nautical has ended voice chat.

[2:45 PM]
    nautical:
    well you had your warning

Attached Files:

2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello @nautical ,

How do you know this user? Do you know them outside of Steam and is it possible they may have been hijacked? If so, try contacting them and confirming this.

Will set for review by an admin in the meantime.

Thanks.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. nautical

nautical New User

Steam:
    I'm not sure I remember how I met him, we've barely talked anyways. As an update, he's blocked me on Steam after I've tried to add him back a few times. PS sorry for my last few pretentious messages in the evidence, I was worked up.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @nautical Please don't copy/paste chat text like that - we can't accept it in that format anyway.
    Also make sure you always give us the exact ID of any user mentioned/involved...not CUSTOM URL's they can change at any time.
    Lucky I was able to still find this one from what you provided.
    | steamname: Xᴇʟᴀ
    | steam3ID: [U:1:155191486]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:77595743
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198115457214
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/6545320934111
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198115457214

I'll review this all again shortly - in the meantime if you want to make more contact with the accused to see if they respond again perhaps they were compromised I'll leave this report open for an additional 48hours.

Attached Files:

5. nautical

nautical New User

Steam:
    Sorry, the evidence box was required and I already attached evidence so I figured I'd just paste it. Thanks for finding Xela's Steam btw, I should've attached that too. I'm trying to get in contact with people on his friends list to figure out if his account's been hijacked.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.