1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198219200107 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SpyCrab18, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpyCrab18

SpyCrab18 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67147030
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198219200107

Victim profile: 76561198085126938

What happened? Description:
    This user previously went by the name Alkan. He befriended me and many other people on Team Fortress 2 earlier this year, and started a Discord server comprised of us and others. Throughout the year, he'd gained our trust through brokering items and returning them & always paying back. However, in recent months, he'd started to ask to borrow keys from us to use on the website tf2hunt.com. We begrudgingly accepted, under the terms that he would pay us back. However, there eventually reached a point where he had borrowed 200+ keys, an unusual Kazotsky Kick, an unusual Proletariat Posedown, an unusual Vive la France, and various other items to "broker" from the victim, Larcy. He had borrowed around 3 keys from me and other small amounts from others without paying back but Larcy's was by far the most extreme case. Earlier today, he was accused of scamming on a server, but I sided with him because of the trust I had for him; there was also no real way for me to know who had done it, as Alkan told me that the other user was a "quickswitcher". A few hours later, it came to our attention that he had removed us on Steam, Discord, and Snapchat. I was able to find him as I had kept his chat window open, and found his profile through the Steam link. I now have reason to believe that not only did he steal from us, but he was also a scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first four screenshots show the "lending" of keys and various unusuals & items from the victim to the scammer. The fifth screenshot shows the scammer's profile, with evidence that his alias has changed. The sixth screenshot shows a recent chat between me and him about the "scammer" we encountered on a server together shortly before he removed all of us. The seventh screenshot shows a chat from just over 2 weeks ago as of this report, with him borrowing keys from me, much like he did for the victim. The eighth screenshot shows these trades being accepted.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Just so you know all evidence or images between this user and anyone else are not acceptable - you can't just make a report and use things for other users as YOUR evidence.
    Keep it between YOU and the accused.
    This screenshot - https://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/alkan-scam-4-png.689955/
    Seems to be the only one with any context between you and the accused - So I'll need to see EVERY trade from today back to that date Nov 26th - make sure these are showing thru steam client (URL enabled) if you have more than one make sure a previous trade over laps into the next screenshot and so on so there are no visible gaps.
  3. SpyCrab18

SpyCrab18 New User

Steam:
    Of course. In retrospect, that makes sense.

Anyhow, as it turns out, the accused might not be a scammer... it's very hard to tell. After I submitted this report, we received a message from the accused saying "before i delete this account also i will pay larcy and the rest back i need a rest something happend and cant tell it just give me a break i will be back i deleted everyone bc i know everyone would be asked. and i know u can say f✿✿✿ alkan what ever u want i know i did go from nowhere away but i will be back 1 day so give me time. thank you for reading this.".

We are still on the fence about whether he is being true or not. I was very quick to my feet with the report because I wanted to help my friend, a supposed scam victim. Apologies for the troubles but if this does need to be taken further, I will update the post.

Also, why is this thread displaying my oldest username and profile image?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I need what I requested please.
  5. SpyCrab18

SpyCrab18 New User

Steam:
    Yes, sorry. First batch.

Attached Files:

6. SpyCrab18

SpyCrab18 New User

Steam:
    Last lot of photos.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.